IGNORED

andrew wk mystery

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm, it's still physically the same guy, he's just admitting to it being a put on persona/gimmick that was created for the sake of commerce.

Still, pretty weird.

:facepalm:

no, he says explicitly it was another person, and if you compare photos from before and after 2005 it is pretty obvious.

i'm so confused. it was obviously a joke from the get go. how could you not realize that the whole thing was an ironic persona, and still is to some degree? also i watched the video in the first link. i think he's just saying that the persona has changed. i can't find any evidence that the actual performer ever changed, unless some other guy was doing the music before and now isn't? wtf

He definitely wasn't a joke in the UK. He might have been someone who didn't take himself seriously but that's nothing to do irony. His songs were meant to be enjoyed not laughed at and people loved him. The NME were camped right up his pooper for a while.

My friend used to really like him, and met him at Leeds festival about 5 years ago (not in tent but about the site) and got me his autograph which he didn't just sign but wrote half an essay about partying and stuff. I lolled, still got it somewhere.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Erm, it's still physically the same guy, he's just admitting to it being a put on persona/gimmick that was created for the sake of commerce.

Still, pretty weird.

no, he says explicitly it was another person, and if you compare photos from before and after 2005 it is pretty obvious.

yeah he says it wasn't physically him. unless hes confusing his words.

but if the new wk was behind the orignal music and creation of the wk persona then why find someone quite similar in appearance to him/yourself?

i'm going to hire magnum pi and rockford to sort this shit out once and for all

Still, pretty weird.

yeah he says it wasn't physically him. unless hes confusing his words.

but if the new wk was behind the orignal music and creation of the wk persona then why find someone quite similar in appearance to him/yourself?

i'm going to hire magnum pi and rockford to sort this shit out once and for all

:facepalm: he doesn't say that it wasn't physically him, what he does say that it was literally another person and i see why the confusion, but if you watch the video for a lil bit longer you'll realize that all he means is that he changed as a person.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I watched some of the video but I don't care enough to watch more... I don't think he means he was physically a different person and honestly to me he looks like the same person as in the party hard video but whatever, I kind of don't give a shit but I'm also annoyingly curious about it.

So this thread is about some dude that had a shave in 2005? I wish Teletext would fucking come back.

This is an excellent pair of sentences.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

1 . Ok, Andrew W.K. is persona , created by a team of people...played by 1 man.

2 . Isn't MF DOOM is doing something slightly similar to this ?

3 . His music is aight . A nice percentage of his songs sound the same though

4 . It was cool idea...now is time to wait for some half ass fallout . I doubt anything drastically will happen to his career ( like on the level of Milly Vanilly )

Dan-Mini-Yoyushi.gif

it's like how Blur created the Gorillaz

indeed! and makes me think of lady gaga's image, or at least of the conspiracists who think lady gaga is some strange illuminati puppet.

Archived