IGNORED

Royal fucking Mail

Guest Stoppit

Guest Stoppit

I've got 7 CDs on order, from 5 different sellers. The earliest order was Dec 26, the latest Jan 7.

I've got dispatch emails from all of them, but none of them have arrived.

I know there was some christmas backlog, and then the snow...but I'm beginning to think someone is stealing my stuff.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has noticed delays...please feel free to moan about any similarly trivial matters that have affected you

Every order I made from England in the last 4 month's or so are taking at least 2/3 days more than it used to. First it was because apparently there was a postal strike in the UK, but is that still going on or did they just stayed in strike-mode-speed?

there was a uk wide postal strike before christmas, but before that there were months of intermittent london only postal strikes. obviously a hell of a lot of general uk mail passes through london, so the combination of these previous london-only strikes, coupled with the latter uk wide strikes has really fucked the whole system up. loads of stuff has been lost or mis-delivered by rubbish temp staff taken on to cover the strikes. basically, if you ordered stuff that was dispatched in december and you still don't have it, your chances of actually getting your order are extremely slim.

Guest Stoppit

basically, if you ordered stuff that was dispatched in december and you still don't have it, your chances of actually getting your order are extremely slim.

yeah, that's what I thought. I did go to the sorting office today, but the tiny wizened goblin behind the desk wasn't much help. I did get a compensation form though, so I guess I'll give that a go.

I've been lucky with Royal Mail, I've never lost anything, but fuck me are they dire at getting things to arrive ontime. And they jump to a strike quicker than national express.

Guest Masonic Boom

I really liked it when they kept losing my bills. "Pay the electricity bill? Never got one, mate!"

Stopped liking it so much when they started losing gig tickets and things that were actually important to me.

Then again I live in one of the WORST boroughs of London for post, and well - everything really.

the main argument against the royal mail strike seemed to be that there was a 30 million letter backlog or something and that the strike was destroying business or whatever. honestly this fucking country. they deliver 3 times that amount every day. it's fuck all is it. 50% of all the mail delivered is junk anyway. burn all the junk mail and your backlog is more than gone. in fact they could probably afford to take a week off.

Guest ezkerraldean

all fine here since the strike. i'm still waiting on christmas presents sent from the US to Canada to arrive though. curse you Canada Post. bastards won't gimme mah munnay back.

Ive not had any problems with it, and I live in shitty shitland Tottenham.

In fact, we got a lovely letter through the door today about my housemate's court date, witness in a mugging case. Oh yeah. :cool:

Guest ezkerraldean

In fact, we got a lovely letter through the door today about my housemate's court date, witness in a mugging case. Oh yeah. :cool:

oooh, nice...

my housemate has been trying to be a copper - today he got his rejection letter. i got a bankstatement, yay.

what post did you get today, wattam

dunno, it doesn't get delivered until after I leave for work. probably a letter from a debt collection agency chasing me for a british gas bill from years ago. they can fuck right off.

Guest Masonic Boom

I got a water bill - that I already paid last week (by a cheque in the post so lord knows when they will receive it ARGH)

Having grown up on a well, water bills offend me. Just waiting til the day Lambeth Council send me an "air" bill for delivering oxygen to my street. It's coming soon, you know.

Guest ezkerraldean

Having grown up on a well, water bills offend me. Just waiting til the day Lambeth Council send me an "air" bill for delivering oxygen to my street. It's coming soon, you know.

lol yes we had a well on our farm

although we had no gas, so we had to buy oil canisters in to heat the place every winter. that sucked

Guest Masonic Boom

Actually a couple of times we had droughts so bad that we had to order in water, and had a watertruck come in and dump a couple of thousand gallons of water into our well to try and prime the water table.

OK, wait, when I start thinking about all that country shit YES I LOVE LONDON I LOVE IT SO MUCH I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE.

I love piped in water. I love having a knob on the wall that I just twist when I want the heat to come up. I love busses that come more than once a week, too! ::kisses Lambeth::

thanks jimbob - I am actually quite knowledgable on debt legislation etc as I used to be a debt collector and before that work for a tracing company (we found debtors that didn't want to be found). what you are referring to is called the limitation date - it comes into effect if you have had no dialogue of any sort with the creditor for 6 years. after this time they can still ask you for the money, but thy have no legal grounds to enforce payment.

anyway, I shall run rings around the amateurs chasing me. they ain't getting shit believe me.

Guest Stoppit

i finally received this last week, 4 months after it was set on an epic journey around the world:

oh my lol!

jebus

If I was just missing one parcel, I wouldn't be that bothered...but now I'm missing five, it makes me think there's a postman with sticky fingers somewhere

Archived