IGNORED

What are you afraid of ?

Guest the anonymous forumite

i don't like heights. i can't go near banisters and i can't stand to watch people lean on them, it always makes me think they'll fall off. i also don't like elevators, especially ones that are shaky.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is a weird :

.. i have this weird phobia of running into anti-matter, stranglets or any other kind of destructive space things..

lol. just wait until CERN learns that making blackholes on Earth isn't a good idea.

Yeah, i fucking hate CERN , my phobia was pretty much under control 'till the motherfuckers said " Stranglets and Black Holes could be created"

Guest tht tne

i don't like heights. i can't go near banisters and i can't stand to watch people lean on them, it always makes me think they'll fall off. i also don't like elevators, especially ones that are shaky.

i am also afraid of heights but i'm getting better about it

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

"A free man thinks of death least of all things; and his wisdom is a meditation not of death but of life."

Isn't that just the opposite of the course usually proscribed toward wisdom? Buddhism is replete with death-centric thinking, but it's not viewed as a negator of life but the source of its mystery.

I think Spinoza saw death as a limitation of a man's freedom because it's not something we want or do voluntarily.

losing sight or hearing. I do have respect for people who cope with their disabilities, I think I would be terrible at coping with such problems.

this too. very very scary

long-term solitude.

(not due to loneliness, but more the fact that whilst alone one has no reference for sanity/rationality, and I'd hate to have gone bat-shit crazy and not even know it.

so actually I guess insanity is what frightens me most.)

also: being eaten by furniture

i am also afraid of heights but i'm getting better about it

do a lot of people have this thing where,

im not necessarily afraid of being high up, but i almost instinctively try to balance myself or ground myself whenever i see a really high-up view, like im getting vertigo or something.

Guest uptowndevil

solipsism can get pretty terrifying if you ever let it spiral out of control. it's worth doing once though to use as a point of reference.

Guest tht tne

i have long been afraid of a fist violating my anus and rectum while i'm on the toilet

actually the thing i am most afraid of is that in the course of inuring myself to hardship i will irrevocably violate my ability to properly lead

I have a strange fear that I've met my soul mate and will never meet them again.

if they're your soul mate how could they ever be apart from you?

Just because we're compatible, doesn't mean we're destined to be together.

Archived