IGNORED

My carbine and sidearm

acidphakist

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Ive shot a glock once, I kinda enjoyed it, not a bad gun, but aesthetically they are not appealing IMHO

Ninja swords do.

goddamn right though..

the guy that sliced up the thief in bmore should be given a medal....i am adamant about this.

while i believe gun restrictions definitely lower murder rates, im also curious to see how many other violent crimes exist within those societies. those statistics are often left out.

Speaking as someone who lives in the European knife capital (Glasgow), I can tell you that fending off people who are attacking you with knives/bottles/bricks is a lot easier than someone that has a gun and thus you have a greater chance of survival if you come up against someone.

Imagine this scenario, you're walking down the street and get jumped... your attacker has a knife and is trying to slash/stab you, in order to do this he needs to get close and really try fucking hard against his victim... if you have an opportunity you can either RUN LIKE FUCK or get a good knock on him and disarm him. Either way both people have a good chance of actually surviving...

Now take the same scenario except now your attacker has a gun... yeah you're pretty fucked. He'll shoot you and you're fucked "But Macca! I HAZ TEH GUNZ TO SHOOTZ BACK" you say... yes well then that makes you a murderer, and I'm not sure you want that shit on your consciousness...

Too long didn't read: I'd rather people walked around with knives mostly for protection than guns, that way I'm more likely to survive if someone attacks me with one.

Besides from that, there is a certain detachment of the mind when killing with a gun in comparison to a knife, therefore less people would be inclined to randomly kill with a knife than with a gun (because its harder to kill someone with a knife than a gun, both physically and mentally)

Oh and about gun crime statistics... pretty much all gun related violence in the UK as a whole comes down to gangs and drug wars... for example there was a gangster who was shot a few weeks ago in a car park of a supermarket and I'm pretty damn sure it was all about the control of drugs...

or even the Ice Cream wars and Paul Ferris ages ago....

i wasn't talking about the morality or hypothetical, i was asking about hard statistics.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6960431.stm

article states that yes there are drug/gang related crimes with guns....

oh and my knives? yes the article supports that too with the numbers you wanted :D

Enjoi

PS: about the "morality and hypothetical" its always good to understand those statistics :emotawesomepm9:

while i believe gun restrictions definitely lower murder rates, im also curious to see how many other violent crimes exist within those societies. those statistics are often left out.

Speaking as someone who lives in the European knife capital (Glasgow), I can tell you that fending off people who are attacking you with knives/bottles/bricks is a lot easier than someone that has a gun and thus you have a greater chance of survival if you come up against someone.

Imagine this scenario, you're walking down the street and get jumped... your attacker has a knife and is trying to slash/stab you, in order to do this he needs to get close and really try fucking hard against his victim... if you have an opportunity you can either RUN LIKE FUCK or get a good knock on him and disarm him. Either way both people have a good chance of actually surviving...

Now take the same scenario except now your attacker has a gun... yeah you're pretty fucked. He'll shoot you and you're fucked "But Macca! I HAZ TEH GUNZ TO SHOOTZ BACK" you say... yes well then that makes you a murderer, and I'm not sure you want that shit on your consciousness...

Too long didn't read: I'd rather people walked around with knives mostly for protection than guns, that way I'm more likely to survive if someone attacks me with one.

Besides from that, there is a certain detachment of the mind when killing with a gun in comparison to a knife, therefore less people would be inclined to randomly kill with a knife than with a gun (because its harder to kill someone with a knife than a gun, both physically and mentally)

Oh and about gun crime statistics... pretty much all gun related violence in the UK as a whole comes down to gangs and drug wars... for example there was a gangster who was shot a few weeks ago in a car park of a supermarket and I'm pretty damn sure it was all about the control of drugs...

or even the Ice Cream wars and Paul Ferris ages ago....

i wasn't talking about the morality or hypothetical, i was asking about hard statistics.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6960431.stm

article states that yes there are drug/gang related crimes with guns....

oh and my knives? yes the article supports that too with the numbers you wanted :D

Enjoi

PS: about the "morality and hypothetical" its always good to understand those statistics :emotawesomepm9:

i cannot tell if you are being condescending, but regardless, happy to read this...its interesting to see how there are violent crimes other than gun-related

22000-57000?

i wouldnt exactly say that's a GIGANTIC improvement over

from wikipedia:

In metropolitan areas, the homicide rate in 2005 was 6.1 per 100,000 compared with 3.5 in non-metropolitan counties.

considering the populations, that doesn't really seem that egregious of a difference

ill take these odds.

also, keep in mind a lot of the debate over guns is how much more DEADLY they are in efficiency

yet, 2008 says homicide rate averages about 5.5 people per 100,000

before anyone goes off the handle and starts berating me, my whole point is that the gun control issue in the US at least should not be restricted to an issue of morality,you have to account for cultural trends in emerging nations, etc etc there are soooooo many different problems in the US that I feel many older more developed countries do not have to deal with. I have yet to see statistics that would say something equivalent to "if we ban guns, 25% of homicides will drop"

also, i realize im an easy target for somewhat defending gun rights, though very ambivalently...if anyone wishes to call me out I would love to be proved wrong, but I sincerely doubt it...just don't be a dick about it.

and with that i shall withdraw from this thread and observe.

Guest ezkerraldean

people who might use guns for ill should not be allowed them; and those who will use them to protect their estates and loved ones should. therefore, only middle-aged, rich white males should be allowed guns

before anyone goes off the handle and starts berating me, my whole point is that the gun control issue in the US at least should not be restricted to an issue of morality,you have to account for cultural trends in emerging nations, etc etc there are soooooo many different problems in the US that I feel many older more developed countries do not have to deal with. I have yet to see statistics that would say something equivalent to "if we ban guns, 25% of homicides will drop"

also, i realize im an easy target for somewhat defending gun rights, though very ambivalently...if anyone wishes to call me out I would love to be proved wrong, but I sincerely doubt it...just don't be a dick about it.

and with that i shall withdraw from this thread and observe.

Apologies if I came off as condescending in the previous post, that wasn't my intention.

I was actually being serious about it lol

Archived