IGNORED

Roxy Music...

Guest Conor74

Guest Calx Sherbet

bittersweet is really somethin, thought i'd just say that

after hearing their first few albums, Avalon came as a bit of a surprise. polished describes it well.

but i'd have to go with their Eno involved albums for my favorites

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

bittersweet is really somethin, thought i'd just say that

after hearing their first few albums, Avalon came as a bit of a surprise. polished describes it well.

but i'd have to go with their Eno involved albums for my favorites

Two enjoyable phases. I enjoy more the demented Eno-era Roxy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfXqae1NzA

slave to love and more than this are faves of mine... a backup singer for RM used to work for my wife.

just did a little research and the lady that worked for my wife a few years ago sang on this album.

:smile:

Y & Y, TY

no reason to post further except this

easy access lame vid

edit: musikladen :smile:

like i said in the other one

*dejected teenagers dance, confused*

*ferry leers like a gay venusian cabaret artist*

*an oboe is abused*

*teens, less dejected but more confused than before*

*eno's gloved hand descends to give another burst of alien sound*

*no longer confused, but still rather glum teenagers continue to sort of shuffle*

*ferry amps up the sleazy leering a notch*

still.... we are flying down to RIIIOOOOOOOO!

i love this clip, despite the glum teens.

i was sad to see musikladen is down now?

it's all mirrored on this muzu.tv thing tho.

the threads are blending together like the scotch drinking. however, i feel compelled to post this too. heard e-talk a jillion times but this was a surprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKhXQr1gcio

no nooo this is the roxy thread! although i lol at the large amounts of byrne present in adrian's stage presence.

and levin looks like the fuckin jazzer he is and fripp looks like a trader in stock market futures.

jesus this is a pretty impressive performance though :emotawesomepm9:

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper
no nooo this is the roxy thread! although i lol at the large amounts of byrne present in adrian's stage presence.

lol yes bad form.

jesus this is a pretty impressive performance though :emotawesomepm9:

case. i'll bring this around unforgivably and also somehow, an apology for cancer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MofoSTiFA2A

lol yes bad form.

case. i'll bring this around unforgivably and also somehow, an apology for cancer:

just check out the other thread and we're square :pedobear:

Guest Conor74

byron ferrari is a prick

Andy McKay had a house in South Kerry so know a few who knew him and Ferry, who used to visit. And while McKay was a popular fellow, think the consensus on Ferry is as you describe.

• 1 month later...
Guest Apeofnaples

I love them. LOVE them. Listening to Sunset from Stranded on repeat as I write. For Your PLeasure is probably my favorite album of all time.

Country Life, Stranded, Manifesto ~ Oh me Oh my...

my MOM liked these guys

so? i grew up listening to awesome stuff like joni mitchell, steely dan, the beatles, and bach. (also shit music like barry manilow and stuff i can appreciate but wouldn't listen to like gordon lightfoot). the point? moms are people too, with taste, some of which you'll like and some of which you won't. to dismiss music just because your MOM listened to it is fucking stupid. now go and check out the self-titled album and for your pleasure. and then come back with an opinion.

kthx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USJq2RwnlyU

we are flying down to riiiiiiooooooo

i fucking love roxy music

edit: just noticed this is a *very* well-made edit of two performances - top of the pops and musik laden. pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v27SIQPZ6cc

still sounds good. even if ferry is still a fucking cunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MJQxvX5WvA

i think especially with the early live shit, i've hardly ever seen a band do so much onstage - tape loops, ferry back and forth between mics, synth, piano, fucking oboe. really really ambitious for the time. the musik laden site, which hosted loads and loads of pretty good quality recordings of germany's version of the old grey whistle test (was aka beat club) went offline due to lack of funding a couple of months ago, and all the videos were transferred to a youtube channel instead. a minor tragedy imo.

my MOM liked these guys

so? i grew up listening to awesome stuff like joni mitchell, steely dan, the beatles, and bach. (also shit music like barry manilow and stuff i can appreciate but wouldn't listen to like gordon lightfoot). the point? moms are people too, with taste, some of which you'll like and some of which you won't. to dismiss music just because your MOM listened to it is fucking stupid. now go and check out the self-titled album and for your pleasure. and then come back with an opinion.

kthx

I was being sarcastic? She liked Kraftwerk and a lot of things too. And it wasn't dismissing the music, yes sort of in disbelief that not just someone's mom but my own but not really I was pretty much being sarcastic all the way

Roxy Music?

Feel like a bit of a tirade of abuse welling up. But being English I shall quell the demons of vitroil and will just politely say, 'not my cup of tea, thank-you very much squire.'

Archived