IGNORED

surprise blessing

delet...

On driving home from work this morning, i was side to side with a double open trailer semi (lorry towing two). Which was slopping some thick compound onto the road, it almost seemed like it had oozed out of the top of the trailers and down their sides.

Anyway, I think, "God this heavy traffic, I need to get my cars exterior away from this weird situation."and thankfully with the blessing of traffic lights, and the fact that the truck seemed to disappear from view somehow. So thankfully we left that stress behind. Well except for the unresolved mental quizzing, as to what on earth was falling in chunks to the road from the trailers. Could it have been hazardous, was some of it attached to my car? Oh my, the momentary anxiety that was being caused.

Then I hit the freeway, ahh such a blessing, one can cruise in the fast lane without having to focus as much attention on the process of driving. I crank up the mp3'a'fried funk.

Five minutes pass sluicing though traffic as this open top BMW in front of me, opens the way for us. Then ahead as the BMW crests a hill. I notice his tale lights flick into action and stay on. "hrmm, Not more god damn congestion, was there an accident." As these questions pulse through my tired mind i spy a double open trailer semi. Parked on the road shoulder. It has to be the same one as before, but now whatever was inside it has been unleashed. It's is all over the road. I Hit a 10 cm thick layer of what I now understand to be concrete. "fucking hell."

Now the first thing on my mind is washing my car, the BMW perhaps had the same thought as he blasted his precious machine up the first offramp. The poor chap had been following another truck and it's tyres had splattered his front bonnet and perhaps the open cab with the concrete, so I don't blame his mindless scurrying, presumably to find the first carwash.

Me, I was almost home. Once there i quickly unfurled the hose and furiously started ah-sprayin'.

Whilst half-way through the undercarriage I remembered that we were currently under strict water restrictions in lovely dry fucking brisbane that has just been experiencing flooding and has all it's dams full, and here I was pissing water away in the middle of the morning. Now a cavalier individual wouldn't have given this a second thought, especially given the circumstance. But here we have to worry about council water patrol vehicles that regularly prowl the streets on the lookout for offenders to throw fines at. "fucking hell".

But just as I was starting to be caught up in a painfully dire contradiction of feeling, that was threatening to wrench my psyche in two. I recalled that I was using tank water, my new house has a water tank.

What a Blessing.

;-] :: [-[

Shouldn't that stuff have been in a concrete truck? You can't just drag around wet concrete without a mixer. It was probably just wet kitty litter. You should have your car checked for symptoms of toxoplasmosis.

Yes it should have been in a concrete truck, but i've seen all sorts of things inappropriately contained, from garden waste to asbestos. But yeah, you are right, it could have been anything, but it sure looked and drove over like some kind of concrete.I'll have to check the paper for any info on what actually spilt.

My friend had a similar story, but in involved a slaughtering truck and miles of animal parts spilled across the freeway, and the putrid smell of death.

Guest theSun

hahah i enjoy stories like this as well.

i like to imagine when a movie should roll credits if the end is too long. like if LOTR ended with frodo getting spotted by the eye and melted to death while sam yells and cries and tries to save him but fails. end credits.

or like after the pearl harbor part of pearl harbor.

or after the end of the first matrix :emotawesomepm9:

I hope in his story it also ended with the thankfulness of having tank water.

indeed, i drink spring water as well. I presume you are making comment at hao gasp worthy run-off catchment water is. It's even worse nao that they are recycling sewerage into it, cause they system makes no distinction between industrial waste water and soft cuddly domestic waste water. I'll be fine without the extras thanks.

In this context one wonders about some of the dry country irrigated wines you can buy. :facepalm::trashbear:

Why just this afternoon I read a comprehensible delet... post. Wild.

Welcome to the dyslexic english language, if not the advanced class.

Archived