IGNORED

Awesome science fiction video: The World Turning Upside-Down

chaosmachine

That was well good. I like the roller-coaster of emotions the man took the audience where the first half they were happily chuckling away and the suddenly they're like fuck yeah that'd be a bit mental wouldn't it ?!

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

quite a feasible story, good presentation, didn't think it was particularly genius or super funny but worth watching for sure. The intranetz is teh weirds

Guest Space Coyote

An interesting watch but I think the idea that that many people would be interested in a flash mob outside this chick's house in such a small amount of time isn't likely. Otherwise it all sounds very plausible

seems he's glossing over the fact that apathy has risen alongside instant communication. Does the internets help protests against Scientology or the WTO mobilize more easily and quickly? Yes. Does it make people go apeshit and take to the streets over the latest meme? No. Does it make people care more about what happens to foreigners hundreds if not thousands of miles away? Doubtful.

seems he's glossing over the fact that apathy has risen alongside instant communication. Does the internets help protests against Scientology or the WTO mobilize more easily and quickly? Yes. Does it make people go apeshit and take to the streets over the latest meme? No. Does it make people care more about what happens to foreigners hundreds if not thousands of miles away? Doubtful.

Seriously, I thought it was pretty silly.

Does it make people go apeshit and take to the streets over the latest meme?

You're forgetting one thing - People are dicks, it's the sort of thing that I really can imagine happening.

Archived