IGNORED

WATMM MANCHESTER MEET UP/GIG

Guest placidburp

Guest placidburp

YES!!! This line up is looking fucking amazing! Who invited all the people to the event? Cheers who ever it was.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks like a splendid night indeed. Will try my best to make it down, could take my girlfriend to Manchester for the weekend.

Would quite like to DJ - although done nothing of the sorts for about 4 years! Will let you know on that one.

Guest placidburp

This looks like a splendid night indeed. Will try my best to make it down, could take my girlfriend to Manchester for the weekend.

Would quite like to DJ - although done nothing of the sorts for about 4 years! Will let you know on that one.

Excellent Felchy, that would be grand! I am going to find out some hotel/travelloge prices in a mo and post em in here.

Also messaged the Organiser to find out the earliest time we can get in the place to start playing. Earlier the better.

Line up so far:

Idiron Soundtrack

Earl Grey

Acidburp

Oxynucid

maggie thatcher too?

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=104178026284027 - invite your friends

Got two mates who want to come, I reckon I might be able to snag you another DJ.

Guest margaret thatcher

Line up so far:

Idiron Soundtrack

Earl Grey

Acidburp

Oxynucid

maggie thatcher too?

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=104178026284027 - invite your friends

yeah mate, i'd love to play (under the name of Lucid Rhythms)

this is looking legendary :D

also i'm still offering to drive up anyone from the south, cos i'm well nice an ting.

Guest placidburp

Line up so far:

Idiron Soundtrack

Earl Grey

Acidburp

Oxynucid

maggie thatcher too?

Got two mates who want to come, I reckon I might be able to snag you another DJ.

I know a darkstep DJ who lives in Manchester, ill point him to the facebook group

I really appreciate it, but at the moment I would like to 'keep it watmm' until I know how much time we have. I have already had a few suggestions of some great names to play which I will definitely keep in mind, but I think it should be watmm first, which is the whole point of this meet up, then if there is room for other acts I will get on it.

It would be perfect if we can get the place in the early afternoon, we could make a full day of it. Until the promoter chap replies I can't plan too much. Either way, this will be flippin brill!!

geek-squad.jpg

can I come?

Maybe able to do some DJing or perhaps a live improv set with my boys if there's a wee slot? :smile:

Absolutely mate! That would be great.

Line up so far:

Idiron Soundtrack

Earl Grey

Acidburp

Oxynucid

maggie thatcher too?

yeah mate, i'd love to play (under the name of Lucid Rhythms)

this is looking legendary :D

also i'm still offering to drive up anyone from the south, cos i'm well nice an ting.

You are one of the good guys, maggie! Lucid Rhythms is added to the list! :)

Guest placidburp

Respek!

Right, back to hotels - travelodge is £46.70 per night and that is a double room. http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/rooms_rates.php?hotel_id=153&default=1 I will keep on looking but £50ish seems around the normal price. But 2 sharing, not much money at all.

edit: that's a bit misleading, it says you can get a family room for £46.70, yet if you search for a room for 2 its £60ish?? hmmm..

Guest placidburp

Right, I'm going to put this to you guys - There is a possibility I could get a couple of well known acts to play at our gig, but they are non watmmers, as far as I know anyway. Would everyone be up for it or should we stick with my original plan of just watmmers? Everyone who is on the Line up will still be playing so no problems there. And if we can get in the place maybe before 6 then everyone can have a decent length set. What do we think WATMM???

Guest placidburp

well when is the venue gonna turf us out?

That's another question I'm waiting to have answered. I think the promoter chap only checks his email in work hours! Just sent him a text but he hasn't replied. I mean logically it would make more sense if they let us in as early as possible, that way they obviously sell more drinks and food. I can't imagine they won't allow us in before 7. But, we shall see. I will keep everyone posted.

Right, I'm going to put this to you guys - There is a possibility I could get a couple of well known acts to play at our gig, but they are non watmmers, as far as I know anyway. Would everyone be up for it or should we stick with my original plan of just watmmers? Everyone who is on the Line up will still be playing so no problems there. And if we can get in the place maybe before 6 then everyone can have a decent length set. What do we think WATMM???

I see it as more of a WATMM organized event than a strictly WATMM event. Go for it.

Guest placidburp

I see it as more of a WATMM organized event than a strictly WATMM event. Go for it.

Cool, I went ahead and asked them anyway. Just have to wait and see now...

Guest placidburp

Mr Feltcher came up with the idea of filming or somehow doing a live broadcast of this so our overseas chums won't miss out on the fun. Anyone know how easy(or difficult) something like that would be to set up?

It would be great if we could get it filmed. If people want to bring cameras with them we could maybe get it filmed between us. Just an idea.

Archived