IGNORED

Impressions of Oversteps on CD

BobDobalina

i'm not going to name names, but i've heard from at least 2 UK record store employees (stores that everybody here shops at) complain about Warp's scattered nature. They often do not supply stores with enough stock to sell, and most of them know that Warp is bullshitting about the limited edition # amounts they claim. The Quaristice Special edition and the OVersteps Vinyl are good examples of hyped up super limited runs that were actually not that limited, and warp uses that as leverage to get the stores and customers to pay exorbitant amounts of money.

i've no idea about the Quaristice stuff, but Oversteps on vinyl was never stated as being a limited run. just a deluxe edition.

unfortunately there is only a deluxe edition, no normal edition of Oversteps...i don't want to pay 40 $ or more for it

so don't pay that much for it, and get it on download or CD.

point is, the vinyl edition of Oversteps was never announced by Warp as being a limited run. it was announced as a deluxe edition. if you don't want to pay the 'deluxe' price for the deluxe edition, don't pay it.

Warp TOLD many record stores that the Oversteps vinyl was of an extremely limited edition and they would not let them order the normal amount of stock.

with the Quaristice special edition they not only exaggerated to the fans of how limited it was but ALSO the stores.

well anything either of us says is speculation, since neither of us have proof :emotawesomepm9:

i have all the proof i need, if i heard this from just one person i'd be a little skeptical but now there is a total of 3 people telling me the same thing (one of them wasn't as harsh as the other two). IT also seems pretty obvious to any outsider that they lied about how limited the Quaristice Special edition was, since it's not numbered we probably wouldn't be able to absoluely prove it.

why defend unethical business practices, even it's from a fantastic record label that releases great music?

Guest Greg Reason

So there were more than a thousand copies of the Quaristice metal case edition and I still missed out buying it the day it went on sale?? However many copies there were, they all went in a few hours... I'm cursed!!

i'm not going to name names, but i've heard from at least 2 UK record store employees (stores that everybody here shops at) complain about Warp's scattered nature. They often do not supply stores with enough stock to sell, and most of them know that Warp is bullshitting about the limited edition # amounts they claim. The Quaristice Special edition and the OVersteps Vinyl are good examples of hyped up super limited runs that were actually not that limited, and warp uses that as leverage to get the stores and customers to pay exorbitant amounts of money.

yeah like the warp20 box set, which is collecting dust on my shelf :facepalm:

Guest theSun

srsly tho are people really flocking to the streets to buy oversteps?

why does warp need to send out a bunch of copies to these stores? do you think they're all sold out?

why does warp need to send out a bunch of copies to these stores? do you think they're all sold out?

i think a lot of people are it's a very anticipated album. but i think the point was more about why does Warp lie to stores and claim the stock is much more limited than it is? is it to justify the overly high price? or is it to increase demand through manipulation? whatever the case is, it makes vendors slowly over time loose trust in Warp's business practice.

Guest theSun

yeah i suppose. in the end it probably gets them more money though.

besides they probably figure they need to make as much money as possible being an alt-record label. not like these things are big profit machines.

i'm not really all about warp these days but money is money and there aren't that many ae fans in the world compared to any pop act.

i think a lot of people are it's a very anticipated album. but i think the point was more about why does Warp lie to stores and claim the stock is much more limited than it is? is it to justify the overly high price? or is it to increase demand through manipulation? whatever the case is, it makes vendors slowly over time loose trust in Warp's business practice.

OMG CONSPIRACY!!1 wut do u think their up 2?!

Archived