IGNORED

Impressions of Oversteps on CD

BobDobalina

Just got my copy in the mail, fired up a session on my workstation - running output to my offboard DAC via optical S/PDIF, upsampling to 96-khz, 32-bit (float) wav on the fly. Holy shit. Those pre-order wavs for download? Digital dung. This is the real Oversteps. You can almost hear the opening of r ess before pressing play. And amidst the static at the end of redfall, I'm pretty sure the faintest of voices says "quaristice took the piss" or "charisma duke amiss", haven't figured that one out yet.

Thought about compressing to flac but then decided against it, as lossless files sound a bit flat on my system, something to do with decoding latency I think.

Guest HWNDarkside

*stomps foot, waves pointy finger at bleep*

Another look-at-me-I've-got-my-physical-copy-thread :rolleyes:

I took delivery of an 8ft trampoline for the kids yesterday. I'll look forward to assembling it listening to my inferior MP3 version :trashbear:

Just got my copy in the mail, fired up a session on my workstation - running output to my offboard DAC via optical S/PDIF, upsampling to 96-khz, 32-bit (float) wav on the fly. Holy shit. Those pre-order wavs for download? Digital dung. This is the real Oversteps.

Thought about compressing to flac but then decided against it, as lossless files sound a bit flat on my system, something to do with decoding latency I think.

You, sir, are a chuffing idiot ....

Just got my copy in the mail, fired up a session on my workstation - running output to my offboard DAC via optical S/PDIF, upsampling to 96-khz, 32-bit (float) wav on the fly. Holy shit. Those pre-order wavs for download? Digital dung. This is the real Oversteps. You can almost hear the opening of r ess before pressing play. And amidst the static at the end of redfall, I'm pretty sure the faintest of voices says "quaristice took the piss" or "charisma duke amiss", haven't figured that one out yet.

I think your copy might be duff. They sent me a CD with a 1TB external hard drive containing Oversteps in 64bit wav. They play themselves just by you thinking about them and when the songs come on they project a music video directly into your eyes.

You should email Bleep dude

Guest Miblo

I think your copy might be duff. They sent me a CD with a 1TB external hard drive containing Oversteps in 64bit wav. They play themselves just by you thinking about them and when the songs come on they project a music video directly into your eyes.

Nicely put. You're not going to get any more than 16bit out of a CD, surely.

Nicely put. You're not going to get any more than 16bit out of a CD, surely.

in all seriousness though, some CD players sound like shit. all i know is that when i put a CD into my Yamaha AW4416 just to listen to it, the amount of detail that comes out is second to NONE

Guest Enter a new display name

Depending on how you bend the digipack, I discovered the text was meant to be read in different manners. Beware the artistic blur:

2po375s.jpg

10hta1s.jpg

Guest kelvanE

first post. the design is gorgeous. every new interactive open is met with a new composition. and the final composition with the light green = money.

i love how the letterforms are all unique too, like it was printed using classic letterpress. all the letters have little imperfections, and the faux-painted circle of the front all work together.

the music is great too! liking it better than Quaristice.

For some reason, the CD does sound different to the wavs to me. But that's probably because, even though I use the same headphones for both, I usually play the CD off the CD player because the computer CD drive is loud and annoying.

i'm not going to name names, but i've heard from at least 2 UK record store employees (stores that everybody here shops at) complain about Warp's scattered nature. They often do not supply stores with enough stock to sell, and most of them know that Warp is bullshitting about the limited edition # amounts they claim. The Quaristice Special edition and the OVersteps Vinyl are good examples of hyped up super limited runs that were actually not that limited, and warp uses that as leverage to get the stores and customers to pay exorbitant amounts of money.

i'm not going to name names, but i've heard from at least 2 UK record store employees (stores that everybody here shops at) complain about Warp's scattered nature. They often do not supply stores with enough stock to sell, and most of them know that Warp is bullshitting about the limited edition # amounts they claim. The Quaristice Special edition and the OVersteps Vinyl are good examples of hyped up super limited runs that were actually not that limited, and warp uses that as leverage to get the stores and customers to pay exorbitant amounts of money.

i've no idea about the Quaristice stuff, but Oversteps on vinyl was never stated as being a limited run. just a deluxe edition.

Guest JohnTqs

i've no idea about the Quaristice stuff, but Oversteps on vinyl was never stated as being a limited run. just a deluxe edition.

unfortunately there is only a deluxe edition, no normal edition of Oversteps...i don't want to pay 40 $ or more for it

unfortunately there is only a deluxe edition, no normal edition of Oversteps...i don't want to pay 40 $ or more for it

so don't pay that much for it, and get it on download or CD.

point is, the vinyl edition of Oversteps was never announced by Warp as being a limited run. it was announced as a deluxe edition. if you don't want to pay the 'deluxe' price for the deluxe edition, don't pay it.

so don't pay that much for it, and get it on download or CD.

point is, the vinyl edition of Oversteps was never announced by Warp as being a limited run. it was announced as a deluxe edition. if you don't want to pay the 'deluxe' price for the deluxe edition, don't pay it.

Warp TOLD many record stores that the Oversteps vinyl was of an extremely limited edition and they would not let them order the normal amount of stock.

with the Quaristice special edition they not only exaggerated to the fans of how limited it was but ALSO the stores.

Archived