IGNORED

America Fuck Yeah!

Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe

cracker barrel's gravy is thicker than their mashed potatoes.

cracker_barrel_chicken_fried.jpg

get that shit out of here. cracker barrel is the most disgusting US restaurant ever. Fact.

Agreed. It's that horrific gift shop that really puts it over the top

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a few months ago i took my mother in law out to dinner with my wife for my wife's birthday. we went to elway's steakhouse. she ordered her steak well done. imagine paying 50 bucks for a well done steak. fuck steakhouses. next time i go to one i'm going to order my steak well done just to say, fuck you steakhouse.

you didn't slap her? I've got some old shoe leather and a hockey puck she can have for 50 bucks.

what's a bloomin onion?

what's a bloomin onion?

It's a big onion that's spliced opened and deep fried whole. Served as an appetzier.

I might have missed this altogether by dint of Keltoi being Scottish and probably using adjectives like "bleedin'" or "bloomin'" as a course of frustration like "what the fuck is this bloomin' onion"

Well Jules, don't just make the world imagine it--abide in its visual glory:

32226-hi-onion.jpg

312909994_71caf766a3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2YGt-of3Pc looks like Bart can do one alone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI3jFv_fOFI Try if you like but you'll fucking FAIL trust and believe.

woaa that looks bloomin brilliant! like bloomin onion rings but with more bloomin batter.

Well Jules, don't just make the world imagine it--abide in its visual glory:

lol, sorry, i was on my phone at the time but you did it justice. they also have a bloomin burger where they put pieces of the bloomin onion on a burger.

OutbackBloominBurger.JPG

bloomin.jpg

Outback Steakhouse PAC is the second largest political donor in the US restaurant industry, and it contributed $303,015 and $334,197 to the Republican Party for the 2000 and 2004 election cycles, respectively.

So the only thing Australian about it is that it's kind of like Rupert Murdoch in restaurant form.

Outback Steakhouse PAC is the second largest political donor in the US restaurant industry, and it contributed $303,015 and $334,197 to the Republican Party for the 2000 and 2004 election cycles, respectively.

So the only thing Australian about it is that it's kind of like Rupert Murdoch in restaurant form.

I disagree. Outback Steakhouse is as Australian as Foster's beer, Subarus and Mel Gibson. A true representation of the culture.

Guest Glass Plate

I don't know a single person who has worked at an Arby's that would recommend other people eating their roast beef, and I've known a lot of Arby's workers.

Guest Glass Plate

I know lots of people who've done that. I've done that. It could be because I was in Kentucky but some people really did show pride in their place of employment (or really liked to take advantage of their employee discount)

Guest uptowndevil

I don't know a single person who has worked at an Arby's that would recommend other people eating their roast beef, and I've known a lot of Arby's workers.

once you work at a specific fast food restaurant, you likely won't want to eat there again. i worked at McDonald's when i was 15 and have only eaten there maybe two or three times since in the last 10 years.

regardless, Arby's roast beef is a delicious treat for those who have yet to learn its origins.

Tim Horton's is a good choice too. seems healthier, maybe.

Here in LA there's a pretty epic burger war between In-N-Out, which I think is overrated and never tastes any fresher to me than Wendy's (although the grilled onion option is nice), and Fatburger. I like Fatburger's base burger more (I'll take mustard and no ketchup over that thousand islandy stuff In-N-Out slathers the burgers in), and on top of that you can add ridiculous toppings to your Fatburger, like fried egg.

In-N-Out's definitely not bad, but at the end of the day it's still just a well-done fast food chain burger, and not the revelation people will tell you it is when you first come out here. Fatburger is at least as tasty and less pretentious about it (and you don't have 20 minute lines to wait in). Plus it's called Fatburger. I mean, come on. You want that shit.

fatburgervert_1.jpg

That said, I'll take a more restaurant-style, medium-done burger over any of that whenever possible. There's a place around here called "The Counter," and it has a great, high-quality, cooked-to-order (default is nicely pink) base burger and you can add just about anything to that. I usually keep it really simple (grilled onions, dijon mustard, and blue cheese, and sometimes on an english muffin for a bun), but you can go way over the top if you want:

counter_burgers.jpg

im diggin on five guys burgers and fries. now that is a tasty burger! you get all your food in a brown paper bag and then they dump all your fries on top of it. their fries are amazing, btw. there is vinegar in the store for them too which is huge. good stuff.

edit: this place puts fat burger to shame. i have never had in-n-out though

fiveguys2.jpg

YES, fried eggs on top of burgers are heavenly.

And In-n-Out is damn tasty, I prefer it over most restaurant-style burgers.

Guest Glass Plate

Guys I've known employees at so many resturaunts, and trust me the Arby's Roast Beef is the most disgusting. The shit sits under a heat lamp for AGES and is absolutely repulsive, also as I've already said I know lots of people that still eat at resturaunts they worked at, but they just werent shitty chains. Great examples of chains that you would easily go back to after working there: Fazolli's (amazing Itallian Fast food from Kentucky), Jimmy John's (amazing sub shop chain from Illinois), Penn Station (from Ohio).

im diggin on five guys burgers and fries. now that is a tasty burger! you get all your food in a brown paper bag and then they dump all your fries on top of it. their fries are amazing, btw. there is vinegar in the store for them too which is huge. good stuff.

edit: this place puts fat burger to shame. i have never had in-n-out though

fiveguys2.jpg

one of my friends owns a five guys in indiana. good place, he seemed pretty excited about it when i ate there last year.

i like my burgers on sandwich bread. burgers on toast. the burgers at louis lunch in new haven, CT are pretty damn good and served this way. they claim to have invented the hamburger there. which of course is probably a stretch. damn good burger though. burgers are great after a pitcher of beer.

Guest uptowndevil

Guys I've known employees at so many resturaunts, and trust me the Arby's Roast Beef is the most disgusting. The shit sits under a heat lamp for AGES and is absolutely repulsive, also as I've already said I know lots of people that still eat at resturaunts they worked at, but they just werent shitty chains. Great examples of chains that you would easily go back to after working there: Fazolli's (amazing Itallian Fast food from Kentucky), Jimmy John's (amazing sub shop chain from Illinois), Penn Station (from Ohio).

jimmy John's has a 4 to 1 bread to meat ratio. but yeah, my friend that worked there used to eat their food just about every night he worked.

anyway, i'm down with the Arby's roast beef no matter how disgusting it may be. same goes for taco bell and their delicious ice-cream-scooped powdered-meat-substitute. i probably only eat fast food once a month at the most, though.

Fazolli's (amazing Itallian Fast food from Kentucky)

"Amazing Itallian Fast food from Kentucky" should be their new slogan.

i used to go there and eat piles of breadsticks when i was a poor college kid. havent been back since. used to go to schlotskey's a lot too. havent been back there either. hmmm..... today might be a weird lunch for me. a weird lunch down memory lane...

jimmy John's has a 4 to 1 bread to meat ratio. but yeah, my friend that worked there used to eat their food just about every night he worked.

anyway, i'm down with the Arby's roast beef no matter how disgusting it may be. same goes for taco bell and their delicious ice-cream-scooped powdered-meat-substitute. i probably only eat fast food once a month at the most, though.

there's no way that arby's roast beef sits there for ages on the days when it's 5 sandwiches for 5 dollars. they actually limit customers to 60 sandwiches or something like that. shit flies off the shelf. slather that shit in some horsey sauce. mmmmm. curly fries. mmmmm.

It seemed like Arby's was unanimously reviled in California, their roast beef looks diseased and foul but I do like their curly fries.

Guest Glass Plate

Glad some one knows what Fazolli's is. They've been marketing the healthy aspects of their stuff so their breadsticks aren't as good as they used to be and they don't have the "Bread stick fairy" as my family called it, come out constantly like they used to. The spaghetti etc. is still great though.

Guest uptowndevil

slather that shit in some horsey sauce.

red ranch is where it's at! it's Arby's best kept secret, reserved for advanced users only. if you haven't had it, i highly recommend trying it next time.

Archived