IGNORED

Sleeping problems

halisray

Hey guys,

The past couple of weeks, about 3-4 times a week I would wake up in the middle of the night sweating from head to toe. I did not experience any nightmares, or necessarily had any alcoholic or intoxicating substances beforehand. Does anyone have a clue as to why I keep waking up sweating like crazy?

Well I am in the end of my second year of my Bachelor's degree and I have 3 final papers due, one of which is due on Tuesday and that is stressing me out. But surely that can't be the only reason, I've been waking up like this for the past 2 weeks I would say

so how are you looking forward to these papers? it's either something in the past which bothers you or something in the future. or it's just way too warm at night.

Well this one which is due on Tuesday is pretty stressful. The class was a year-round class, therefore worth double the amount of credits. I am generally a person who gets good grades, but something about this class just stresses the fuck out of me. My professor is some crazy lady with a PhD who works for NASA on her spare time and she is a HARSH marker. I'm writing it now and hope to be done by Sunday night, but its just stresses me out. Everything I write down I contemplate it being wrong or not and generally I am a very good essay writer but something about this goddamned class makes me question everything I put down on paper, it is driving me hysterical!

I looked in the internet about sweaty nights and I got these results:

- I either have AIDS, HIV, STDs, STIs, or a combination of all of those

- I suffer from Cerebral Palsy

- I suffer from Hyperthyroidism

- Effects from Chemotherapy

- Menopause

Well I have none of those, so what the FUCK

Guest Coalbucket PI

It's probably stress, and it will pass. You could try taking valerian which is a herbal thingy that works quite well helping you sleep. You should also check that you're not just sweating because its hot

Guest Rambo

Well this one which is due on Tuesday is pretty stressful. The class was a year-round class, therefore worth double the amount of credits. I am generally a person who gets good grades, but something about this class just stresses the fuck out of me. My professor is some crazy lady with a PhD who works for NASA on her spare time and she is a HARSH marker. I'm writing it now and hope to be done by Sunday night, but its just stresses me out. Everything I write down I contemplate it being wrong or not and generally I am a very good essay writer but something about this goddamned class makes me question everything I put down on paper, it is driving me hysterical!

- Menopause

Potheads who stop smoking can wake up with sweats. I know people who that happened to. Only lasts for a few days though as far as i remember.

I haven't smoked pot since I was 18. I am a person who likes to workout and likes to stay in shape, so I don't think it has anything necessarily to do with my physical health. Also it is not very hot in my room.

Guest Lube Saibot

- Menopause

Hyperthyroidism can sneak up on you, I'd double-check that shit.

I get this alot as well, it basically has to do with nightmares, anxiety, and stress. Try to practice breathing exercises, and remember that the nightmares aren't real and everything will be okay. Good luck.

i shit myself the other day after an out-of-the-blue dizzy spell which lasted through the night and into the next day. really dizzy like i was too drunk, but i'd not been drinking. anyway, got well worried and thought about diabetes and anaemia and brain tumours and all sorts of stupid shit. went to the doctor explained all my fears, he gave me a thorough checkup and diagnosed a mild inner ear infection. it's never the life threatening disease you've convinced yourself it is. touch wood.

Guest beatfanatic

It is probably the stress. See if they still continue after you hand in your papers, If they still occur, it might be a sign for something else.

I usually dont grind/clench my teeth at night but when I told my dentist that my teeth were hurting a week before my exams were about to begin, she said it was probably the stress. And surely, after my exams were done, my teeth stopped hurting.

Guest beatfanatic

I am sure xxx would have some more scientific explanations though. you should consult him.

He is the Dr OZ of WATMM

dr-oz-0308-lg.jpg

aren't night sweats (and frequent night urination) some of the signs of diabetes?

i am diabetic and wake up sweaty at night. i think that is correct, if you are suffering from hyperglycemia. frequent urination, day and night, is also another big sign.

Archived