• Conservative
    • Lib. Dem
    • Other & independents
    • None of the above

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rambo

we can get rage against the machine to number 1. It's a shame we can't do something similar for politics.

Guest Gary C

Unfortunately there's a little more importance and larger ramifications to this procedure than the Christmas #1

Guest margaret thatcher

Unfortunately there's a little more importance and larger ramifications to this procedure than the Christmas #1

i can't think of any.

Guest Coalbucket PI

hey, christmas number 1 is important

Irish political debate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkJLWx6H7Gs

Didn't he get mad respect for that outburst? Unparlimentary language or not, at least he's passionate, something you don't see much in politics right now...

Thats whats missing these days in politics is passion, There all to interested in money and soon forget that it was the people i.e us that put them there

Guest inteeliguntdesign

i hope we get a hung parliament.

simply to stop me dying of boredom.

hopefully it'll create an extra check on power, too.

How long does it take for the public to realise that the illusion of "democracy" is a cruel joke on the public?

Holding an election doesn't solve anything, nor does anything change. You have to remember that corrupt corporations and people with a lot of money who want more will persuade any government whether it be Labour, Conservative or the Liberal Democrats taking office. They are all controlled.

How long does it take for the public to realise that the illusion of "democracy" is a cruel joke on the public?

Holding an election doesn't solve anything, nor does anything change. You have to remember that corrupt corporations and people with a lot of money who want more will persuade any government whether it be Labour, Conservative or the Liberal Democrats taking office. They are all controlled.

Of course there all controlled, But whos controling them (with out sounding like a conspiracy type person) In many ways these days I think britain is america's bitch now

America goes to war britan goes to war

America goes in to debt britan goes in to debt

The more wealthy the country the more power

Of course there all controlled, But whos controling them (with out sounding like a conspiracy type person) In many ways these days I think britain is america's bitch now

America goes to war britan goes to war

America goes in to debt britan goes in to debt

The more wealthy the country the more power

Predominantly, it is corporations. Think about the many British politicians who have interests within corporations on a part time basis, just research individuals. They must serve the corporations whilst in office. For example, some politicians choose to be on the "advisory board" of companies, whereby as long as they turn up to about 10 company meetings in a year, they get paid a salary of £50,000, plus the contract might address things which that politician must carry out (to push corporate agenda). It's fucking corrupt, and will never stop unless we get rid of money. It's a systemic problem, not an individual human problem as we all know that people are shaped by the environment (environment being the economic system - to do whatever is needed whether it be corrupt or not, to gain a monetary reward).

ONE EXAMPLE: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/episode-guide/series-57/episode-1

Guest Gary C

Mainly because I've never voted actually. Last time would've been my first, and I think I need to experience it at least once before I decide to never do it again.

Mainly because I've never voted actually. Last time would've been my first, and I think I need to experience it at least once before I decide to never do it again.

what is there to experience, writing a cross on a piece of paper? The best thing that people can do is not vote - that will show the politicians that the public have lost trust in the political system.

Guest Gary C

I'll most likely treat my vote like an outside bet, and then it'll make election night more interesting.

But now you can vote here, in this rather useless poll

Guest Stoppit

what is there to experience, writing a cross on a piece of paper? The best thing that people can do is not vote - that will show the politicians that the public have lost trust in the political system.

what do you think is going to happen? someone is going to win, with or without your vote...unless you're planning on putting foward some alternative to the current system, you aren't having any influence on who that will be, so don't complain when the next government is elected and you don't like it.

Not voting won't show the politicians anything, except that the general level of apathy hasn't improved since last time.

Guest Karnov

RikMayall.png

"Right kids?"

Archived