IGNORED

All You Ever Wanted To Know About The Lifetime Members Forum

Joyrex

Guest abusivegeorge

Lol at all of this.

420range should ahve known what was coming with that thread.

hes a good user who brought great commentary to watmm... which we need!

Dude knew he was risking getting banned though, he's made a thread over on the watmm.com

(ironically)

I liked the guy though, even though I don't think he likes me much.

:pedobear:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pulsewarrior

what a silly way to handle this whole mess. any decent admin would just never say anything about a hidden forum. instead one goes to great lengths to lie and conceal it when such a thing realistically can't even be done, and it just backfires every 6 months. then you get an embarrassing thread like this called an "olive branch." it just alienates the people that keep this forum alive (paying and non-paying) and is willfully divisive. it doesn't help matters either when one says, "too bad, it's my site, go somewhere else if you don't like it". it's like fuck you buddy - you wouldn't have a site without your members and you soon won't if you keep acting like such a douchebag.

I can't wait to be part of the ltm if it means more joyrex! :emotawesomepm9:

seriously though I agree the guys who revealed the ltm should be unbanned. I don't buy that you'll get more trouble now that the forum is out in the open. More questions, maybe, but not more trouble imo.

Guest placidburp

I certainly learned my lesson, the hour I was banned! I'm sure 420 definitely has by now. But you're the boss, JR!

*hides again*

what a silly way to handle this whole mess. any decent admin would just never say anything about a hidden forum. instead one goes to great lengths to lie and conceal it when such a thing realistically can't even be done, and it just backfires every 6 months. then you get an embarrassing thread like this called an "olive branch." it just alienates the people that keep this forum alive (paying and non-paying) and is willfully divisive. it doesn't help matters either when one says, "too bad, it's my site, go somewhere else if you don't like it". it's like fuck you buddy - you wouldn't have a site without your members and you soon won't if you keep acting like such a douchebag.

A+

Watmm is great (because of the people who post on this site), but there are certainly aspects of it that could be better managed. Sure it probably takes effort out of the day to run a forum like this, not to mention the expenses... but if your intention is to create a great community for people who enjoy the same music as you, why make all this shit so damn dramatic. Its just a shame Watmm is so aggressive towards new members... probably some pretty cool people out there that saw the "lifetime members forum" and the way in which we welcome people "READ THE RULES" and thought "hey, this place seems pretty hard to become apart of on a more personal level... I think I'm probably just going to browse it occasionally when new news comes out about the Aphex Twinz."

Theres a lot of musicians and artist on this forum and if you care about your own work, you'd probably want to share it with like-minded individuals.... so in my opinion the more the merrier, and in my opinion the managing and attitude of this site in certain areas certainly decreases its potential.

Guest Drahken

Banning someone for an oversight in your thread searching protocol is kinda daft considering the denial of its very existence. Surely a warning could have sufficed instead of some vain attempt at teaching us a lesson. The lesson is especially lost when founded on deceit.

Guest Gary C

I'm mostly pleased with the situation.

My favourite members have largely ignored or approached this situation with indifference. It makes me feel happy to know that I have good taste.

It has acted as a valuable torch and beacon for those playing close to trolls.

The board does seem to be in a bit of trouble though. New members are important, but a lot of familiar faces and productive members are giving up or going elsewhere.

And that's the point, I suppose. It's a 'cool' club for those valuable members who are still left knocking around. I haven't seen it, but I should imagine it's treated as a more efficient IM and email system between the members that already trust one-another.

:trashbear:

honestly, i think i have the valid opinion and shall state it as though it was unique, original, and poignant:

i think what joyrex is doing is horribly wrong and emphasizes class-ism which will only contribute to the denigration of WATMM society. This can only be solved by listening to me.

Guest Rambo

We should build some sort of virtual hut as a sort of den that we can sit in, well we can't sit in it because it's not physical but forget that, this is all metaphorically speaking now - and this is just suggestion - let's get some sort of virtual thingy. This seems to be the ultimate solution.

Or go with what SR4 said. His solution works equally well.

Guest Gary C

There's some validity in the argument that separating the new and older members may cause a void in quality and cohesion amongst the board, but I really believe that it's a tool used by members that are already friends.

If I owned the board I'd probably put a little corner in there for me and the mods, and then maybe after a while I'd invite my personal friends in to it so I could communicate with them more easily. And then maybe after a couple of years I'd invite some members I liked or had grown to become friends with.

I think this has unluckily coincided with that aggravating ET thread which really dragged on and caused a lot of confusion and angst.

There's some validity in the argument that separating the new and older members may cause a void in quality and cohesion amongst the board, but I really believe that it's a tool used by members that are already friends.

If I owned the board I'd probably put a little corner in there for me and the mods, and then maybe after a while I'd invite my personal friends in to it so I could communicate with them more easily. And then maybe after a couple of years I'd invite some members I liked or had grown to become friends with.

I think this has unluckily coincided with that aggravating ET thread which really dragged on and caused a lot of confusion and angst.

you are completely and utterly wrong. the ltm forum has been put specifically in place to destroy and factionalize genban....the LTM forum has existed since before the joyrex.com forum. coincidence? think about it.

He can have the forum, but the handling of the situation is the problem. No one should be banned in my opinion and the forum should still remain hidden. If no one was banned, no one would care imo. At least I didn't until I heard Placid, 420, and Sneak were banned... 420 obviously still banned.

Guest Gary C

Okay, banning is a bit OTT. Certainly those members too. I hope Joyrex will come 'round on that.

I understand the argument that it has all come a bit too far already, and that the resentment (or whatever it may be) won't subside without more arguments and inevitable 'last post's.

That's sad, and maybe hiding the LTM forum again would make it easier for everyone to forget again.

I don't foresee me being 'round here for much longer, and definitely not with the same frequency. But it's 95% unrelated.

That 5% has made this place a little less friendly and happy though.

Guest tht tne

the crucial question which i believe no one has broached yet is: is the lifetime members forum divided into further subforums or do poop and music threads coexist harmoniously

Guest pulsewarrior

He can have the forum, but the handling of the situation is the problem. No one should be banned in my opinion and the forum should still remain hidden. If no one was banned, no one would care imo. At least I didn't until I heard Placid, 420, and Sneak were banned... 420 obviously still banned.

ha only a wanker would go banning people just because they exposed the LIES of a shitty admin. and they weren't casual lies, i mean ffs this guy wrote pages about how LTM forum didn't even exist time and time again. the guy might as well just kill genban and leave LTM, since everything he's doing is basically a big fuck you to the rest of the board anyway. honestly, dangling the forum in front of everybody and creating a thread "allowing" people to ASK about it only AFTER it's exposed that he's a shitty deceptive mod ? how much of an ass can you be? what's next, he threatens to shut the board down? bans another whistleblower? cunt!

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

the handling of the situation is the problem. No one should be banned in my opinion and the forum should still remain hidden. If no one was banned, no one would care imo.

ha only a wanker would go banning people just because they exposed the LIES of a shitty admin. and they weren't casual lies, i mean ffs this guy wrote pages about how LTM forum didn't even exist time and time again. the guy might as well just kill genban and leave LTM, since everything he's doing is basically a big fuck you to the rest of the board anyway. honestly, dangling the forum in front of everybody and creating a thread "allowing" people to ASK about it only AFTER it's exposed that he's a shitty deceptive mod ? how much of an ass can you be? what's next, he threatens to shut the board down? bans another whistleblower? cunt!

finally, some real discussion!!!! TAKE HIM DOWN!!!! DESTROY WATMM CLASSISM

:facepalm:

the damage done already, joyrex. you've come out as disingenuous with all the dodging and outright lying in regards to LTM and who knows what else. now it's too late. you could make an effort here and unban all the people who were banned for this mess in the first place.

I find myself agreeing with ZBZ a lot...I do question why I spend so much time here. It is definitely for the music and music-related conversations which are decent, but I find that I'm starting to associate some of my favourite artists and music directly with watmm, which is a very bad thing. Although watmm is on the decline, it's still better than idmforums.com (although it does have it's moments now and then). The studio forum at idmforums.com is actually much, much better than EKT, and everyone is a lot friendlier as well. It's also quite clear at watmm that Joyrex does lie constantly, and i think is far removed from properly understanding what watmm is about to a lot of people. Not only should the people who talked about the LTM forum be unbanned like 42Orange (who is a great BOC fan btw), but Lion really should be unbanned as well. These are the things that would help support and save the watmm community. Lion is watmm's true savior (not troon) who will bring watmm into a new golden age.

Archived