IGNORED

The 11th Doctor

Boxing Day

I hate Corden, but he was ok in this episode, i think when he is not being himself he is ok :D

The episode was funny as hell "Ok Doctor.. where are you strongest?" "Arms!"

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For such a simple script this weeks episode was outstanding, Smith really does get better and better. Trying to be human and just fit in cracked me up.

I know there's this love/hate thing going around with James Corden right now, but he was pretty good as well.

Next week is going to be unbelievable.

Agreed. Fucking amazing stuff, especially that crack he had at Corden:

Corden: I don't see the point in Paris...

Doctor: Yes, I can tell by your couch you don't travel much - you're starting to resemble it.

That look he had when he said that to him was priceless. I LOLed hard.

I've seen a Cybus Cyberman in one of the early trailers, but what about the rumours of the Mondas version reappearing as well? Probably bollocks. That final episode could do with some Ice Warriors and Omega in the mix too.

Yeah, supposedly all those bad guys are a manifestation of everything The Doctor fears as the Roman soldiers drag him off to be imprisoned inside The Pandorica.

As much as I wish 'our' Cybermen would come back, I don't see Moffat bothering to do so just yet. The Cybermen are just not scary anymore in their current form.

And, there's rumours that Omega is in the finale, but I personally doubt it.

Oh, and Vincent and The Doctor had me silently weeping when that music kicked in. Damn Richard Curtis and his emotion-tugging scripts!

I hope the Daleks are more than just extras or are not just playing a cameo in these last two episodes. I want to see what these new travel machines are capable of.

Slight aside: I really want a PROPER Cybermen V Dalek battle. The one we had a few years ago was great, but fuck it, just suspend any story progression for 20 minutes or so and have a proper Private Ryan-type dust-up.

And I have to agree with kakapo about the music, that and the scene with Vincent at the exhibition just piled the schmaltz on a little bit too thick for me and overdid what was otherwise a great, character-led story. I watched it with subtitles on iPlayer (it was late at the time), apparently that dirge was perpetrated by Athlete.

Sorely tempted to save tonight's episode on iPlayer (I'm working tonight) and watch it next Saturday ahead of the finale. Don't think I'll have the willpower to wait a week though.

Guest Alex C

50 minutes, pah

they really need to push the episodes out to an hour, nobody gives a fuck for Total Wipeout or another dance show

Guest Gary C

That was pretty crazy.

Of course there's a final part, they've been alluding to the 26th of June 2010 all series.

I still don't know who River is. Did I miss an episode, was she in another series, or is it all to be explained in the next series?

Guest analogue wings

Please tell me this is a two parter and they haven't ended it there. :wtf:

That's it. Erotic Adventures of River Song starts next week.

That was pretty crazy.

Of course there's a final part, they've been alluding to the 26th of June 2010 all series.

I still don't know who River is. Did I miss an episode, was she in another series, or is it all to be explained in the next series?

No its an on going thing, she met the 10th Doctor, now shes popped up again for the 11th Doctor. They appear to be close further into the Future but the Doctor has no idea what shes about at the moment.

Personally she gets on my nervous and i hope they kill her off somehow in the next series

yeah, that was good.

Bring on the inevitable deux ex machina!

I like the way Doctor Who plots have transcended the whole problem of Deux ex Machina - you know one is going to be coming, but somehow its still fun anyway.

Guest Gary C

For some reason iPlayer was broken for me, so I watched/listened to it with assisted narration for blind viewers.

It really heightens the use of music. Like a radio-play.

I tend to be checking other pages whilst I'm streaming from iPlayer so it also helped to keep me up-to-date whilst I was looking at something else.

Try it. It's really enjoyable. I'll definitely use it again.

Archived