IGNORED

Jimmy Edgar - XXX

MadnessR

Yeah Color Strip is pretty good, pretty funky, haven't heard his other stuff though. I like New Touch a lot as well.

Of the Silent Variety is a fucking great track. And I like the 808 beat in My Beatz.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man, this release is his best work yet. All of his different styles are spoken for. Check it out at boomkat. New Touch is worth the price alone, if not Push. One Twenty Detail - sick. I'm a happy man.

Color Strip was really nice, yeah sure it was a bit like "yeah let's have sexy sex" in places, but there was enough good stuff on there to balance out the slightly cheesy moments.

Agreed, I like Color Strip, but he may be getting a little too sexy for his own good.

What's wrong with that? Influenced by Prince, and a fashion photographer of course it relates to sex. Music and sex go hand in hand in every other kind of music. 'Bout time someone had some "buisness time" quality to their electronica. Glitchsex. lol

• 3 months later...

Man, this release is his best work yet. All of his different styles are spoken for. Check it out at boomkat. New Touch is worth the price alone, if not Push. One Twenty Detail - sick. I'm a happy man.

I have to agree.

I was wrong in my other posts.

Having got over the..uh .. sexyness - this has revealed itself to be one of the funkiest, slickest, most fun albums I've heard in a long while.

For some reason hearing some of those tracks dotted about wasn't so impressive, but the album as a whole doesn't let up. Every track is sick, and even tracks I weren't sure about sound great in context. I also really like the bonus track.

One Twenty Detail is super cool, too. This is like future RnB or something.

I'm sad it hasn't got big, as it's accessible enough. Wonder why it never happened.

I have to agree.

I was wrong in my other posts.

Having got over the..uh .. sexyness - this has revealed itself to be one of the funkiest, slickest, most fun albums I've heard in a long while.

For some reason hearing some of those tracks dotted about wasn't so impressive, but the album as a whole doesn't let up. Every track is sick, and even tracks I weren't sure about sound great in context. I also really like the bonus track.

One Twenty Detail is super cool, too. This is like future RnB or something.

I'm sad it hasn't got big, as it's accessible enough. Wonder why it never happened.

Yup, Enjoy! Wish more people would give it a listen. I posted this and everyone was like blah. Whatever, they are missing out on what I think is his best album as a whole.

...and I might add... My wife loves it. <-Not a fan of most electronic, but she even put a copy on her IPod.

Just started listening to XXX, sounds alright, I love New Touch. But a little too much compression/limiting/whatever, not much dynamics. And it sounds a tiny bit clinical.

The first track is also nice.

Archived