IGNORED

Decent vinyl boxes/storage

beerwolf

elusive ya makin me envious , i will definitely need to look into... I just wish my walls weren't so thin at my apartment so I could actually listen to my speakers at a decent volume :(

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's the concensus on which side of the record sleeve to rest them on? i usually pick the spine, as that seems to be the most reinforced side of the cardboard, plus i like to have them ready to pick. some of my used purchases have split tops or bottom edges, so it helps with that and i think the previous owners probly laid them on those sides which is why they're so worn.

elusive ya makin me envious , i will definitely need to look into... I just wish my walls weren't so thin at my apartment so I could actually listen to my speakers at a decent volume :(

disregarding the bass,

adding 2" panels (for mid-high freq absorption) does WONDERS ...

LONG STORY SHORT...the brain gets confused if any signal arrives within 25-30ms (+/-) of the source...it can't tell it is an echo

so it comb-filters with the original signal (from the speaker) and you get peaks/nulls/cancellations/etc, clarity loss, and stereo imaging problems.

also, you get the LEFT speaker wave bouncing off the RIGHT wall and hitting your RIGHT ear ... causing stereo imaging problems.

so that is why you put panels at early/first reflections (side walls)

basically, simple geometry...put a mirror on the left/right wall...sit down, move the mirror until you see the speaker in the mirror (e.g. simply geometric imaging) and that's where you want the panel.

i also get reflections of this type off my desk (wooden desk), but there is little i can do about that.

analord is a whole new ballgame after getting treatments. and this is after memorizing the shit out of them for 5 years. so much more rewarding now.

i bought my panels here;

http://www.acoustimac.com/

and

http://www.gikacoustics.com/

expensive, but they are REALLY easy to make (and cheap!)

the GEARSLUTZ forum is an excellent source (where most of the guys who design/sell this shit reside) - they will offer do it yourself advice / comments / etc...awesome people in the STUDIO ACOUSTICS sub-forum.

just go there and start reading all the back threads...that's all ive been doing for weeks.

• 2 months later...
Guest Enter a new display name

seriously though i let a friend of mine borrow my vinyl and then, unexpectedly, his apartment was blown up. not horribly so, i think the wax may be fine. my friends are fine. one is burnt. but alive

god damn analogue, fucks everyone up

2j1pvfb.jpg

just got an expedit yesterday. the best way to store records in the living room. stylish and functional. even the wifey likes it. recommended.

which model if you don't mind me asking?

just got an expedit yesterday. the best way to store records in the living room. stylish and functional. even the wifey likes it. recommended.

which model if you don't mind me asking?

This one.

So, you are from Canada? It seems this specific model is not available in your country... (?)

Archived