IGNORED

Decent vinyl boxes/storage

beerwolf

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Deep Fried Everything

... for some reason i imagined you in vinyl trousers blowing up an apartment.

belongs in a different thread keltoi, yeah you know which one i mean :emotawesomepm9:

Guest mafted

this is a damn good question.. the most practical thing i've seen are those sturdy plastic, mesh like boxes like so 75102.jpg, good for the flip through and keeping them upright.

seriously though i let a friend of mine borrow my vinyl and then, unexpectedly, his apartment was blown up. not horribly so, i think the wax may be fine. my friends are fine. one is burnt. but alive

god damn analogue, fucks everyone up

Keep 'em handy , you never know when Zombies are going to attack.

Never mind Blue Monday, I can assure you won't be using black vinyl SAWII as shurikens.

this is a damn good question.. the most practical thing i've seen are those sturdy plastic, mesh like boxes like so 75102.jpg, good for the flip through and keeping them upright.

these things are like 8 dollars ( and kinda cheap) thats' why i went with cardboard boxes. it would be ideal to have milk crates but that involves stealing them from behind stores and that's a little sketchy :rtfm:

these things are like 8 dollars ( and kinda cheap) thats' why i went with cardboard boxes. it would be ideal to have milk crates but that involves stealing them from behind stores and that's a little sketchy :rtfm:

I was thinking along the lines of boxes with hinged lids (my apartment is naturally dusty, dust creeps in everywhere even inside record sleeves), preferbly made from a nice wood. I might ask a carpenter mate of mine to knock something together for me, he's always busy though and it will take ages before they materialise.

you'd be amazed by how easy it would be to fashion such a box by yourself. 30 minutes at home depot/lowes/whatever and you'd have everything you needed!

Milk crates (in the US at least) were purposely made to small to fit vinyl records years ago bc people were stealing them for vinyl. That's why the new plastic crates look the same but are actually wide enough, picked up 2 for $16 at The Container Store.

quick question:

right now im low on funds, i have about 10 records in a vertical stack....is that ok? i mean, assuming i dont knock them over or something, that wont affect their play will it?

im planning on getting a real nice bookcase for them once i have the proper funds.

Milk crates (in the US at least) were purposely made to small to fit vinyl records years ago bc people were stealing them for vinyl. That's why the new plastic crates look the same but are actually wide enough, picked up 2 for $16 at The Container Store.

yeah i nabbed one and it didn't fit my vinyl, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

I found some of these for like $4 each. I mainly use them to transport my records.

At home, it's all about this:

1ikeaexpedit4x4bookcase.jpg

don't stack records!

don't stack them horizontally on top of one another, or at all?

For clarification, can someone elaborate the best/safe way to store dem records?

Also is there something like the Expedit for a smaller collection (about 2 of those cubes worth of records?)

For a while I was getting some really nice soul/funk/jazz records at the local record store. The vinyl was always nice, but the covers were thrashed. The guy at the store told me that the guy who was bringing it in was storing all his records in his carport outside of his house. :wtf: Every time it rains I think about it. :cry:

Please folks, it's vinyl - no "s" on the end.

Thanks for your cooperation.

thanks. surely, you've saved the thread.

don't stack records!

don't stack them horizontally on top of one another, or at all?

For clarification, can someone elaborate the best/safe way to store dem records?

Also is there something like the Expedit for a smaller collection (about 2 of those cubes worth of records?)

From this article on storing albums

The accumulative weight of the vinyl causes the ones at the bottom of the stack to become crushed and damaged. Always store your vinyl in the vertical position and don't be tempted to squeeze too many records into too small a space.

fuck fuck fuck

well, i have them horizontal against the wall now, FUCK i hope they arent ruined...theyve been sitting like that for a few weeks.

moved them, it was only 5 records, with the heavy Oversteps LP on the bottom...i really hope nothing happened...ill have to test them this weekend.

Archived