IGNORED

Decent vinyl boxes/storage

beerwolf

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is a damn good question.. the most practical thing i've seen are those sturdy plastic, mesh like boxes like so 75102.jpg, good for the flip through and keeping them upright.

these things are like 8 dollars ( and kinda cheap) thats' why i went with cardboard boxes. it would be ideal to have milk crates but that involves stealing them from behind stores and that's a little sketchy :rtfm:

I found some of these for like $4 each. I mainly use them to transport my records.

At home, it's all about this:

1ikeaexpedit4x4bookcase.jpg

can you recommend a place online with those cheap vinyl crates? it would be immensely appreciated. as much as i want some fancy furniture addition, a simple crate would be more than enough for the time being.

i have about 20 records in a milk crate, and you have to store them diagonally so yeah, milk crates are fucking stupid.

Guest margaret thatcher

i like that idea but those casters look quite awful.

mine are all in plastic container boxes from b&q. they're about 12.5" wide which is perfect, apart from where there are countersunk wheels where they are about 11.5" wide, so i put 7"s in the gaps. genius.

they're all in storage at the moment, which is annoying the fuck out of me, but i'm moving within the next few months and i'm taking my records with me. a welcome return to the wheels of steel for dj margaret thatcher.

took the casters / re-arranged room

casters are useful for playing records( standing up / getting height right )

but in the new location, it made the divider/bookshelf too tall.

fixed

loft1f.jpg

and got a 4x4 expedit too! (but no records to hold :'(

loft2.jpg

LOVE THAT EXPEDIT !

fixed

loft1f.jpg

loft2.jpg

LOVE THAT EXPEDIT !

hmmm that Expedit looks like it can easily take a Technics 1200 on the top, right?

think i may have to cancel my order of the Sefour tower

of course - google image search ikea expedit and you should find enough examples with tables on top.

the 2x4 on her side is a popular one ... but it really needs the casters (or something below it) because by itself for mixing it is a little too low to the ground

for me (single table / playing records) it's no big deal

if you're mixing/standing at it for extended periods of time, yeah - raise it up 8-12"

of course - google image search ikea expedit and you should find enough examples with tables on top.

the 2x4 on her side is a popular one ... but it really needs the casters (or something below it) because by itself for mixing it is a little too low to the ground

for me (single table / playing records) it's no big deal

if you're mixing/standing at it for extended periods of time, yeah - raise it up 8-12"

yeah i'm not mixing on it, i only have one turntable. i'm just annoyed with having my turntable on the flightcase for my AW4416, and my amp to the side of it, on the floor.

i'm definitely cancelling the order for the Sefour tomorrow and gonna go to Ikea over the weekend.

fixed

loft1f.jpg

loft2.jpg

LOVE THAT EXPEDIT !

your place looks great, is it a loft?

Elusive: is that soundproofing on the wall behind your monitors, and computer screen?

nice set up :cool:

4" bass trap / fiberglass panels being used as absorption panels.

2" acoustic/absorption panels (mids/highs) being used on the sides to treat first/early reflections

2" panels behind me to stop rear reflections (might be changing this out to a QRD or SKYLINE diffuser soon)

going to put a 2" panel above my desk too to stop ceiling reflections

BOY DOES IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. ROOM TREATMENTS ARE WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN GOLD COMPARED TO ANY OVERPRICED SPEAKER.

your room has the final say on audio quality regardless of your equipment.

http://www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html

http://www.realtraps.com/art_room-setup.htm

4" bass trap (corner traps) in the corners

st5f.jpg

room3.jpg

this setup was dope:

11024703.jpg

literally like you were in a cave....no reflections...completely dead when you stuck your head in near-field.

heard shit i never heard before in analord. everything was so much more crisp. unreal.

though my place still has a nasty 150hz peak im trying to get rid of

boy is it nasty...no mic yet but gotta be at least > 10dB

fuck man i just surrounded my desk again with the 2" panels like the above photo

it's like a near-field tunnel vision of sound.

it's really weird what it does to fast hits like the analord 9s 909 machine gun hits.

it slows them down...instead of being rapid fire, without reflections and comb filtering they sound slowed down and more controlled. and of course, crystal clear..i mean DAMN.

Archived