IGNORED

Gulf Coast oil spill could eclipse Exxon Valdez

karmakramer

Is there a clear answer as to how much oil a day is leaking? I've heard/read everything from 2000-80,000.

August? Really? That's when it will be fixed?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BP just twittered this gem:

"BPGlobalPR: Catastrophe is a strong word, let's all agree to call it a whoopsie daisy."

:facepalm:

"..the new fake Twitter of the moment, BPGlobalPR, which as of this post had more than 10,000 followers. (BP's legitimate Twitter, BP_America, had but 4,472 followers.)"

from Village Voice.

But yeah, this mess is frightening.

all sarcasm aside, if this next attempt to cap the hole fails, it looks like i will be forced to vacation to cancun one final time before the end of the year. the thought of a surreal paradise with bright blue water being overrun by oil is extremely unnerving...

BP just twittered this gem:

"BPGlobalPR: Catastrophe is a strong word, let's all agree to call it a whoopsie daisy."

:facepalm:

"..the new fake Twitter of the moment, BPGlobalPR, which as of this post had more than 10,000 followers. (BP's legitimate Twitter, BP_America, had but 4,472 followers.)"

from Village Voice.

But yeah, this mess is frightening.

Interesting, I already found out that it was a dupe, but weird how the fake has more followers then the real thing haha

Guest EDGEY

"Guy, we have a problem..."

"What's the problem?"

"Oil is spilling all over the gulf coast - hundreds of thousands of gallons"

"That is a problem... WE MUST SAVE THE OIL! SAVE THE OIL!"

You know they did a cost analysis before working on a solution.

I'm fucking amazed that CNN and all these major news outlets have yet to even mention that BP's "Live Feed" has been looping! Talk about a crazy story that would surely boost ratings!

fcvhco.jpg

Guest spraaaa

I don't get why it's impossible to do something until August if they fail tomorrow... if there's an article on that someone please enlighten me, but it just seems like they're totally bs-ing and don't think anything so far is gonna work.

BREAKING

oilboom.gif

Meta Oceanic Research says:

http://metaoceanic.blogspot.com/2010/05/is-bp-trying-to-cover-up-new-activity.html

At about 7:00pm EST, the BP live cam showed a sudden explosive occurrence - possibly two - taking place at the leak site, with the amount of oil increasing rapidly and the color of the outflow changing to a lighter hue.

The camera was quickly cut to a different shot, one that showed a higher-up view of the plume but actually only further illustrated the extremely volatile change that had just occurred. Then it settled on an angle with the view obstructed by another piece of robotic equipment.

By 7:30 the live cam relay had switched to a menu showing multiple monitor feeds, and shortly thereafter CNN pulled the feed entirely and switched to coverage of the Senate floor.

As of this writing - 7:44pm EST - the link to the live cam has vanished from CNN's front page. However, by following the old bookmarked link, the live cam is back online as of at least 7:49pm. The current shot is taken from a greater distance, and if you compare the relative size of the pipe and the plume to screenshots from days past, it's evident the plume is much larger now and seemingly flowing harder

Guest EDGEY

this is going to keep getting worse until the people rise up

that means all of us

There will be no uprising. People are too fucking fat and happy to give a flying fuck about anything.

Guest disparaissant

I don't understand why people think bp doesn't want this taken care of more than anyone

because the bildebergers and the lizard people have told them it's the case

Guest hahathhat

I'm fucking amazed that CNN and all these major news outlets have yet to even mention that BP's "Live Feed" has been looping! Talk about a crazy story that would surely boost ratings!

fcvhco.jpg

you know, that notion struck me the moment i opened the feed... i watched it for about two minutes, and i didn't see any looping. if it's like an hour loop there's pretty much no chance you could spot it... would have to have a decent rip of the vid and churn it throuth some software to see if the frames match

in conclusion, i don't have the time or the attention span to properly answer this issue for myself, and it's entirely possible the news is all bullshit, or (more likely) that image is bullshit. i don't really know anything. as usual

BP never wanted to even put out a live feed of this thing, it took weeks to even get a video I think...

Right now if you look at the live feed (Obama basically strong armed BP into having working during the "top kill") the blowout looks even worse! I have never seen it gushing at this rate before.

Archived