IGNORED

Atari Teenage Riot makes an iPhone App

J3FF3R00

atrapp.jpg

http://www.switched.com/2010/05/07/atari-teenage-riots-iphone-app-may-cause-actual-riots/

ATR devotees will also recall a May Day protest at the Berlin Wall back in 1999 that got the band arrested for inciting a riot, and they did so with the help of some specifically aggravating frequencies. Their new iPhone app has been delayed by the German iTunes Store because it contains those same noises in a feature called "Riotsounds Produce Riots" which includes "very low sub basses, square waves, noise sounds which trigger hysteria and panic within the audience."

Loved ATR but they should prob be left in the past... new single didn't do anything for me, and it's SEVEN MINUTES LONG. Good grief. ATR aren't the sort of band who can do that well!

Saw them supporting NIN at the show they released that live noise album from. Was intense. There was scaffolding on the venue when we arrived, and as we entered I wondered why they were using heavy machinery when there was clearly a gig on. Quite surprising when we entered the main room, and the hellish subrumble white noise actually turned out to be ATR

Guest SyrFox

Weird, I saw them live yesterday. They were fucking mindblowing; my ears are still bleeding though

Guest Space Coyote

the time - is right - to fiiiiIIIIIIiiiggghhht

new single didn't do anything for me, and it's SEVEN MINUTES LONG.

I see the youtube video is also saying its 7 minutes and 5 seconds in length but I'm only seeing tracks on soulseek that are 3:35 suggesting the one in the video is the same thing twice?

• 13 years later...