IGNORED

I don't care for Lost.

Guest Spittal

Guest mafted

people just want to be lulled by any form of entertainment they can find.. regardless of its integrity. funk dat s.

If that was in any way a response to my post, let me just say I was never "pissed," I just didn't feel like it was engaging/good enough to eat up an hour of my time a week. If it was more abstract/subtle/complex I probably would have been more engaged, tbh.

Well this I totally agree with actually—I think it's increasingly (and unfortunately) direct plot development was really unfortunate, and a reason I've liked the series less over time. And it's a shame, because I think it did had the potential to develop as both a science-fictioney and austere/abstract (more mysterious?) drama. Instead it just ended up being science-fictioney.

At this point, I watch it out of spite and need for closure, along with the cheesy sci-fi fix. But I still shit on the BSG comparisons.

Guest Mirezzi

i started with the first season and stopped once the 300th plot line came about. i could handle it up until about 299. once you realize they're basically writing it as they go.. the allure KIND OF goes away.

Exactly. Heroes did the same shit and voila, lots of dumbasses around here love Heroes.

Guest Donkey Rhubarb

i think i watched from episode 1 to whenever that bloke who was unable to walk just decided to walk again. May have been 2 episodes maybe 3 max of 1st season. Never got into it and have no desire to catch up with it either. Don't much care for heroes either. Saw the first 2 episodes of 24 got bored.

Loving breaking bad though :emotawesomepm9:

Guest disparaissant

^ lol that was episode 1, i think.

and yeah, heroes was blecch. the first season was cool in a "hey, an x-men tv show that isnt mutant x!" kind of way but after that it just got terrible.

Guest Spittal

"I'm just curious how a show like this could be soo popular among the hipster demographic"

spoken like a true hipster.

I think I may used the wrong word... Hipster has some strange connotations I wasn't aware of (Thanks look at this fucking hipster blog)... I mean to say

I'm just curious how a show like this could be soo popular among the young female adult demographic

I'm now a few episodes into the second season of Lost. I feel really weird saying this but I think I'm more into Flashforward, the new show about everyone on the planet seeing a brief glimpse of the future and the aftermath and conspiracies surrounding it. Its actually a pretty interesting sci-fi concept. The plot has gotten pretty insane though, but I'd like to see how its finished. Its not THAT great of a show but neither is Lost.

I'm now a few episodes into the second season of Lost. I feel really weird saying this but I think I'm more into Flashforward, the new show about everyone on the planet seeing a brief glimpse of the future and the aftermath and conspiracies surrounding it. Its actually a pretty interesting sci-fi concept. The plot has gotten pretty insane though, but I'd like to see how its finished. Its not THAT great of a show but neither is Lost.

it just got cancelled, lol

also, again:

lostgrapg2.png

it just got cancelled, lol

Officially? Damn. That's fucked up because the storyline isn't even nearly resolved.

I'm not gonna go listing off how unoriginal Lost may or may not be (keep in mind I've only seen one episode). I'm just curious how a show like this could be soo popular among the hipster demographic when a show like Star Trek, or Star Gate, or Battle Star never could be. Even though when you strip them down, they are the exact same...

cause it is not called Lost Star!

wait a sec... isn't not liking something like the most unremarkable thing you could do? when it comes down to it, can't you find a majority to dislike everything?

Archived