IGNORED

how do i cure myself of paranoid delusions

vamos scorcho

to Michael Jackson: yes, this is all a scam....

Do you need any NEVER MELTING ICE CUBES?!

I have some...

3000 euros...

pm me

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i was really really messed up last night on drugs. that's the last time for a while.

but this thread did help, something about getting the fear and being able to know that there are good people out there who know it's fine is helpful

i'm very interested in my own psychology... :trashbear:

yeah man, psychedelics probably don't help you (weed, acid, mushrooms, x, ketamin, etc)

yes, I consider weed a drug and one that makes people trip....

it is my favourite one...

and not my friend right now, sucks!

well, i'm gonna try this but probably no one will take me serious!

can some of you name and explain a specific delusion?!?!?

where does stand the line beetween delusion and missunderstanding?? know what i mean??

after i bad lsd trip i constantly feel that i'm thinking out loud.

where does stand the line beetween delusion and missunderstanding?? know what i mean??

but you know you aren't right???

Guest abusivegeorge

Looks like you've already got all of the advice given mate. I would suggest prayer and meditation, but to be perfectly honest with you I'm not sure how this would work with a paranoid delusional head on you. I should imagine sitting in silence with your legs crossed for 15 minutes trying to concentrate on your breathing would cause you to focus on a specific subject you're paranoid about and have a huge fit, so maybe don't do that :-).

Anyway, good luck to you mate, I know what it's like to have a mental illness as I suffer one, but there's a solution out there for you somehwhere mate!

but you know you aren't right???

yes, sortof.

Guest sirch

i'm fairly sure (now) that one 'o my mates used to think out loud...

he talked a lot of shit, that only he got, like random words..

he thought he was hilarious. but it was just a front.

he was a bit of a dick during this period, with big insecurities.

Guest sirch

"just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - but even if they are, so what? what they gonna do? hahaha :)

Looks like you've already got all of the advice given mate. I would suggest prayer and meditation, but to be perfectly honest with you I'm not sure how this would work with a paranoid delusional head on you. I should imagine sitting in silence with your legs crossed for 15 minutes trying to concentrate on your breathing would cause you to focus on a specific subject you're paranoid about and have a huge fit, so maybe don't do that :-).

Anyway, good luck to you mate, I know what it's like to have a mental illness as I suffer one, but there's a solution out there for you somehwhere mate!

Yeah its a toss up with the prayer/meditation stuff. Ideally, through meditation, you would see how your delusion plays out without interacting with, just observing. I suffered panic attacks a year and a half ago and the only thing that really actually helped was meditation. And with meditation it's not just a matter of distracting yourself either. When the unpleasant stuff comes up in meditation you really need to develop an attitude of acceptance and observation, no matter what arises. But I don't know the nuances of your mental state so I can't say if it would be a good idea or just one you should consider for the future when you are more stable. Consulting a professional, as other people said, would definitely be the best route to go.

Good luck and take everything posted on WATMM with a grain of salt.

Guest abusivegeorge

Yeah its a toss up with the prayer/meditation stuff. Ideally, through meditation, you would see how your delusion plays out without interacting with, just observing. I suffered panic attacks a year and a half ago and the only thing that really actually helped was meditation. And with meditation it's not just a matter of distracting yourself either. When the unpleasant stuff comes up in meditation you really need to develop an attitude of acceptance and observation, no matter what arises. But I don't know the nuances of your mental state so I can't say if it would be a good idea or just one you should consider for the future when you are more stable. Consulting a professional, as other people said, would definitely be the best route to go.

Good luck and take everything posted on WATMM with a grain of salt.

Spot on.

Also I like particularly like this: "When the unpleasant stuff comes up in meditation you really need to develop an attitude of acceptance and observation, no matter what arises."

I quite often find myself actually reduced to tears in meditation when it brings up pain within me, and I can easily cry, this is a great way to deal with that stuff, I don't know why but the act of meditiation around those painful times just works.

Archived