IGNORED

Community

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Mirezzi

So, as much as this show sometimes tickles my hater instinct, it's way too fucking funny to dismiss.

Very clever writing and the chemistry of Troy and Abed is unmatched on recent sitcoms.

Now, my biggest pet peeve is Senior Chang. That shit is ALMOST enough to turn off certain episodes and I can't for the life of me determine how that idea came to be. The show isn't Anchorman enough for that sort of screwball shit to even make sense, let alone be funny. It just smacks of the very popular (and U.S. office-inspired) "awkward, squeamish, cringe comedy." zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Still doesn't make a dent in the show on the whole. I love it.

Guest disparaissant

ive only seen a few episodes but i did laugh pretty hard at em. havent seen enough of senor chang to really know what you're talking about, but i did see an episode with his brother, rabbi chang, and that was pretty funny.

Guest theSun

yeah i like the show but it does border on too silly sometimes. also the college itself is really unrealistic.

Guest Mirezzi

yeah i like the show but it does border on too silly sometimes. also the college itself is really unrealistic.

It's absurdly unrealistic, but that seems understood from the first 30 seconds of episode one.

I lol'd hard at Luis Guzman being their most famous alumni, especially when they unveiled his giant bronze statue.

i watch it. i have a soft spot for senor chang. he reminds me of my old pal marketing steve for some reason. it's far from being a perfect show but its weaknesses kind of make it vulnerable and intriguing. i think it's better when you watch 3 or 4 episodes in a row. chevy chase's acting in it is worth special mention.

Guest Mirezzi

i watch it. i have a soft spot for senor chang. he reminds me of my old pal marketing steve for some reason. it's far from being a perfect show but its weaknesses kind of make it vulnerable and intriguing. i think it's better when you watch 3 or 4 episodes in a row. chevy chase's acting in it is worth special mention.

Totally. Chase returning to TV is really awesome. I especially agree with the bolded above. When I'm annoyed with the show, I don't wanna turn it off because often within 10 seconds, there's a great bit of writing / pop culture reference.

I love the Troy / Abed bits during credits, too, and even they can be a bit cheesy on the surface.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcD_Y838DXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpT4ChomJ7E

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

yeh.. I love this show, don't really tell anyone cause I always think my friends will dismiss it as another campy boring weak NBC show when it clearly isn't

It's absurdly unrealistic, but that seems understood from the first 30 seconds of episode one.

I lol'd hard at Luis Guzman being their most famous alumni, especially when they unveiled his giant bronze statue.

a bronze statue of luis guzman? man i have to look for that tonight!

It's a funny show. Although I've been slacking in watching it lately. Need to catch up on Hulu. I agree about Abed and Troy being the funniest characters on the show.

Guest Mirezzi

It's a funny show. Although I've been slacking in watching it lately. Need to catch up on Hulu. I agree about Abed and Troy being the funniest characters on the show.

haha, nice avatar...did you add that before or after seeing this thread?

a bronze statue of luis guzman? man i have to look for that tonight!

Yeah, the entire episode I was thinking, "Sweet, Luis Guzman is gonna be on this episode."

He wasn't, but the statue was even better than the real thing.

Guest Mirezzi

I just watched the "Mexican Halloween" episode and laughed my tits off.

Abed as Batman was pure comedy gold.

Funny, funny, funny show. It's too bad that it going up against Big Bang Theory next season will likely lead to a dent in the ratings and cancellation. That, coupled with Parks and Rec being pushed to midseason, is so sad. The best network comedies, and they'll probably both end up cancelled come this time next year. A damn shame.

Guest Mirezzi

That's fine. It can go out on top instead of dying/rotting on the vine like The Office, etc. etc. etc.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Parks And Recreation and Community are probably the best comedies on television right now.... no yeah they are

If I'm not mistaken, that guy is from "Derrickcomedy" fame, does anybody know what I'm talking about? Bro rape? He would do independent comedic stuff on YouTube and while not always on the mark, some of it was pretty funny. If that's the right guy, that's a good example of hard work on the viral and landing in the mainstream (Andy Samberg, Jorma, and Akiva first "Lonely Island" now SNL writers). If I'm wrong, then I'm unfortunately just like Chevy Chase's bigoted character when he goes to apologize for de-pantsing that black girl and winds up apologizing to a totally different black girl e.g. "they all look the same to him" oh my lol is Chevy a national treasure I'm so glad there is a city named after him somewhere--the centralized application service for osteopathic medical schools is based there because I remember addressing all my shit to Chevy Chase hahaha!

Man, that really is a funny show, I just kept quiet about it because for WATMM being such a bastion of liberal ideas it can be QUITE RIGID about just what those ideas should be sometimes and mainstream business always seems to get universally panned. It's like we're all queers coming out into the same room from different closets...

Prithee, sir, do not take offense, but the city (and the actor) are named after the ballad.

Although surely Chevy the man does deserve such an honor.

Archived