IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Mirezzi

Slovenia looked ready to go on the counter right before the end of extra time... This is a theme for the second half. The U.S. are desperate to get back to level but they are extremely weak defending against the counter attack.

Is it just me or does Tim Howard look really uncomfortable?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup I agree yellow card was ridiciolous, but I'm still very happy about Slovenia :) Today we're playing really good, I hope it'll be such a clean match in the second halftime too.

Guest Mirezzi

This Slovenia side is very fun to watch right now. They're cruising through wide swaths of open space in the midfield, countering very well, and playing with a bit of swagger.

Tim Howard looks half-dead and it's kinda disgusting that everybody seemed to be assume the U.S. would beat a very determined and strong Slovenia. If you get a country that small the the World Cup, beating the likes of Russia, you are formidable.

Guest Mirezzi

I don't know if this game qualifies as an upset. In fact, I don't think it does at all...but it's great to see some of these high profile teams getting owned. France, Germany, now the Americans...hopefully the terrorists will take down the infidels later this afternoon.

EDIT: but we will beat ghana, that's for sure! :waves flag:

I´m not that sure. Deine Worte in Gottes Gehörgang (sorry, can´t translate that).

lol, i couldn't translate that either, if i had to.

that we beat ghana is just a kind of patriotic hope, nothing more...

EDIT: :still waves flag:

Guest Rambo

sorry overlook there is just nothing we can do. There is literally no solution to this problem i'm afraid.

Well that's what i hear.

Guest Mirezzi

See, this is why chenGOD is full of creamy shit. The way FIFA's referees are allowed to operate quite literally has the ability to dictate the outcomes of games through subjectivity or scandal. It's a fucking digsrace.

Guest Mirezzi

that was a great game. a good ride. another won draw for the USA.

I don't know if I can agree. It was great but it was also utterly ruined by the disallowed goal which was very obviously a scandalous decision with NO fucking oversight. Who makes that referee answerable? Nobody. FIFA will make excuses because when they get their chances, they like it when referees dictate outcomes of games. See Korea in 2002.

I don't know if this game qualifies as an upset. In fact, I don't think it does at all...but it's great to see some of these high profile teams getting owned. France, Germany, now the Americans...hopefully the terrorists will take down the infidels later this afternoon.

high profile teams like france, germany and USA?

1 of these things is not the same.

i'd have picked slovenia and england to do well group C, not USA.

that was a great game. a good ride. another won draw for the USA.

I don't know if I can agree. It was great but it was also utterly ruined by the disallowed goal which was very obviously a scandalous decision with NO fucking oversight. Who makes that referee answerable? Nobody. FIFA will make excuses because when they get their chances, they like it when referees dictate outcomes of games. See Korea in 2002.

my god you are a miserable negative whiny bitch.

Archived