IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Alex C

Please can Ghana put me out of my misery.

Very good but beatable team, our record against African nations is a good sign anyway

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i'm sick of foreign halftime pundits who have nothing to say and cant even say that clearly in broken english

so if england and US both win all their games. could they both be in the final? or when would they meet again?

i want to show mizerri who can score

Guest Mirezzi

There are some bizarre statistics (favorable mostly) about this U.S. team.

The United States haven't won their group since 1930. They have scored 9 goals through qualification from 85 minutes on (more than double the runner-up).

In their World Cup history, they were 0-6-0 after being tied 0-0 at the half.

Probably more, but all of those are pretty awesome.

Eh, Andy, I wouldn't say the U.S. have nobody who can score. That's far more true of England so far and I'm not just going by the fact the U.S. scored 4 to England's 2 so far. England haven't even been fortunate enough to have goals taken away.

and lets not forget donovan, he's a fine striker as well, but he has to pretty much do everything for his team so he doesn't get much scoring chances.

Guest Mirezzi

And Altidore has the accuracy of your average American missile

Earlier, I was comparing him to Heskey, except Altidore has the excuse of being a raw 20 year-old and has much better pace than Heskey ever did.

I can't be down on Altidore for unloading a ball into row Z from 3 yards out. His cross won the game and his work rate was unbelievable. I think he singlehandedly tired out the Terrorists' central defense. Same could be said for Dempsey. If I was a Terrorist, I would have elbowed that fucker in the teeth, too.

By the way, don't ever talk shit about an American's accuracy when Fatfuck Lampard still runs the pitch for the Wilting Pansies of England.

Guest Mirezzi

1 goal in 28 league games

man that shits tight

Yeah, I know, you're desperate to forget how shitty England are so you're going to talk about club form now?

Come on, don't be so English. Surely, you can find your bollocks in time to prevent a tailspin of talking about the beloved Premiership?

Guest Rambo

Let's be fair, i mean i am actually routing for you guys to do well but England are far better than the US. To argue otherwise would be insane. I know we've been dodgy so far but let's not go nuts.

Archived