IGNORED

E3 2010

data

looking closer at the new Zelda screens, the textures have a very watercolor look to them which is nice, as does the game in general.

zelda.jpg

See, that's what I'm talking about - nice, well thought out textures and models. Nintendo can do cartoon graphics almost better than anyone.

I think the difference is that Nintendo is well aware of how they can push the hardware, and how to do things well on it.

Like I said before, you can't call them out for "looking low poly" when the hardware isn't even equal to half a PS3/360...

But hey, that's all Sony/MS have over the Wii, and the only argument people ever come up w/ against it. "Looks kiddie/shit"

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking closer at the new Zelda screens, the textures have a very watercolor look to them which is nice, as does the game in general.

zelda.jpg

See, that's what I'm talking about - nice, well thought out textures and models. Nintendo can do cartoon graphics almost better than anyone.

I think the difference is that Nintendo is well aware of how they can push the hardware, and how to do things well on it.

Like I said before, you can't call them out for "looking low poly" when the hardware isn't even equal to half a PS3/360...

But hey, that's all Sony/MS have over the Wii, and the only argument people ever come up w/ against it. "Looks kiddie/shit"

Here's another argument: 95% of Wii games are shovelware.

zelda.jpg

Here's another argument: 95% of Wii games are shovelware.

I guess I don't play that 95%. I would also say that's more on the developers than Nintendo. Nintendo's first party games have been great (the ones I've played)

I hate you E3.

edit: oh wait.

"DICE gives Medal of Honor UNLOCKABLE BEARDS"

ok, that makes up for everything.

edit: I hate you live feed!

I hate you E3.

edit: oh wait.

"DICE gives Medal of Honor UNLOCKABLE BEARDS"

ok, that makes up for everything.

edit: I hate you live feed!

Where do I sign up?

so PS Move is $80 but Kinect is $150, WTF is with that? Sony will beat MS to store shelves AND undercut them on price. MS just realized they will have to throw in a full game, LOL.

Twisted metal 3 is their big finale. I hate those games.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Yeah , I was never crazy about the Twisted Metal series , but this actually looks pretty good .

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

so PS Move is $80 but Kinect is $150, WTF is with that? Sony will beat MS to store shelves AND undercut them on price. MS just realized they will have to throw in a full game, LOL.

Kinect definitely has waay more potential though.. right? (whether it fully realizes that potential or not) PS move is some plastic wands and kinect has a microphone, 3d camera that auto adjust follows the users skeleton's, in which those combined yield much more possibilities and make the price difference completely understandable

Archived