3. 3. what flavor?

• vanilla
    • chocolate
    • fruity
    • nutty
    • chunks-of-stuff
    • neapolitan
    • mint chip

Well, I just got finished riding around the city, and I wanted some ice cream. I usually buy the cheap, store brand vanilla frozen yogurt. It doesn't have any trans fat, and it's only 3 bucks.

But, today was the hottest day of the month so far, so, of course, the store is all out of the cheap stuff. The next best option costs twice as much for the same amount. "Nestle Real Dairy" frozen yogurt. I figured it was the same as the store brand, just repackaged in a brand name container (a very common occurrence), but there was nothing else worth getting, so I grudgingly paid the $6.

Turns out, it's actually pretty good. A serious improvement on the store brand. And it actually tastes like yogurt. Who knew.

Put an option for Mint Chocolate Chips please.

whoops, you're right, how could i leave that out. i always get mint chip when i'm at one of those touristy "ye old ice cream shoppes".

3314800352_d5610e7677.jpg

Coconut Bliss

People are continually asking us how we came up with coconut bliss. We'd like to say we are entrepreneurial geniuses,

but the truth is much simpler then that—we just wanted a tasty frozen dessert that we could enjoy eating without feeling

bad afterwards. We had both given up dairy for health and ethical reasons, and tried all the soy- and rice-based alternatives,

but weren't satisfied with any of them. They either didn't taste good, or we felt sick after eating them, or they had a long list

of ingredients that didn't really sound like food. one day luna said 'what about coconut milk?' We'd used it a lot in Thai-style

cooking and it seemed ideal. It was naturally rich and creamy and had great nutritional properties. So with the aid of a two-dollar

hand-cranked ice cream maker from goodwill we made our first batch. As soon as we tried it, we knew we were on to something

special. As time went by and we shared it with our friends, who also loved it, it became apparent to us that we should focus

our energy on this and make it available to more people.

Guest tht tne

one cheesecake brownie by ben & jerry's

chocolate chip cookie dough by edy's grand

cookies 'n' cream by texas gold (cheap?)

viennetta

I've got a tub of B&J's Key Lime Pie (limited edition) in my freezer right now; I personally like the Blue Bell Key Lime Pie better (only is available July-August though).

B&J's Mud Pie is especially good.

RE: Price - I usually only buy ice cream when it's on sale (Walmart had the B&J pints on sale 4 for 10.00USD), or the Bryer's Ice Cream when it's below 3.00 - I don't settle for cheap no-name stuff since it's an indulgence; it should be GOOD.

Guest disparaissant

3314800352_d5610e7677.jpg

Coconut Bliss

People are continually asking us how we came up with coconut bliss. We'd like to say we are entrepreneurial geniuses,

but the truth is much simpler then that—we just wanted a tasty frozen dessert that we could enjoy eating without feeling

bad afterwards. We had both given up dairy for health and ethical reasons, and tried all the soy- and rice-based alternatives,

but weren't satisfied with any of them. They either didn't taste good, or we felt sick after eating them, or they had a long list

of ingredients that didn't really sound like food. one day luna said 'what about coconut milk?' We'd used it a lot in Thai-style

cooking and it seemed ideal. It was naturally rich and creamy and had great nutritional properties. So with the aid of a two-dollar

hand-cranked ice cream maker from goodwill we made our first batch. As soon as we tried it, we knew we were on to something

special. As time went by and we shared it with our friends, who also loved it, it became apparent to us that we should focus

our energy on this and make it available to more people.

stuff's amazing. also, tofutti.

(lactose intolerant, not veg)

Archived