IGNORED

quitting smoking

Guest disparaissant

Guest disparaissant

When I last stopped, 3 months, the first three days were horrible. Permanent cravings, eating every two hours. After three days, it gets easier although I slept like shit for the first two weeks. After 3 months, I thought I could reward myself with "just one cigarette". You know the end of the story.

that is a pathetic failure. congratulations

lol @ you callings something a failure.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Helper ET

good luck with your quitting man

ive seen people try to get out of it, and ive had to quit after a 3-4 month long stint once. its no fun

none of that matters though when you realize what youre doing to your body

so if you dont realize this yet, your living in some kind of fog, and your only chance for survival in this life is to punch, kick, and yell your way out of that fog, the best way you know how. its doesnt matter how you do it, you just have to do it. quit man. just quit. quit. now. today is day 1. go

I quit smoking on the 3rd of this month, I was listening to stop the panic and just decided it was time to quit. Cold turkey has worked for people in my family who smoked, so I figured I'd try it too. I've been handling it pretty well, though when I see someone on TV smoking, I do get cravings. But then I remind myself that I don't need to be worried or get anxiety about Lung/Throat/Pancreas cancer. So that is the best thing so far about quiting, the thought that I have a lowered risk of getting cancer Vs. staying a smoker. I don't want to turn out like Bill Hicks.

I had a dream last night that I was smoking, and in my dream it hurt my throat and felt alien to me that I was smoking. I was also pretty disappointed in myself, as it felt really real.

Guest catacombus

Fuck, I quit over 5 years ago after smoking for about 7 years. I still get cravings and sometimes have dreams that I smoked a cigarette. I wake up all worried, thinking I relapsed. I hope this shit goes away some day. But I have to say that the cravings are mostly related to me thinking about the fun times I had back when I smoked.

are you like 12 or something?

this is legitimate question Q27

lmao that post of his sounded like my much younger former 12 year old self who said he wouldn't smoke or drink!

Guest disparaissant

well it's been over 24 hours now and im actually doing fine. havent really had too many cravings. i do think "oh i'll just get up and go outside and smoke a ci... oh wait, no i wont!" about once an hour but it's not really like... annoying.

Guest HerculesCzar

Good luck. I just quit too, about a week ago. Like a bunch of people have already said, the desire to smoke has been more challenging to deal with than any withdrawal. I've found having a project makes things easier. Whenever I feel like having a smoke, I lock myself in the basement and make beats. If you have anything like that, it'll be a lot of help.

Guest disparaissant

Good luck. I just quit too, about a week ago. Like a bunch of people have already said, the desire to smoke has been more challenging to deal with than any withdrawal. I've found having a project makes things easier. Whenever I feel like having a smoke, I lock myself in the basement and make beats. If you have anything like that, it'll be a lot of help.

i was trying to do that, buy my brain is kind of all over the place and a bit muddled. i ended up painting and repainting my nails like 5 times while watching ramsay's kitchen nightmares. that's about the level i'm functioning on.

Guest Rambo

Everyone in this entire thread wants you to fail. You need to know that because you can use this knowledge to help you beat these bastards. There is zero chance of you quitting these flaming naughtysticks without our hate and my god you have recieved it in bucketloads but you are too high on the idea of quitting to notice our contempt for you. I'd wish you good luck but i never back a horse with a broken leg, not that i want you to be put to sleep of course....

DIE ON FIRE COCKFAGS, I WILL PREVAIL

don't tempt fate, cockfag

lovelyfags.png

has anyone been so desperate for a smoke that they rolled up a cig from the tobacco left in the butts from the ashtray?

that's called 'tramp mix'. when you make a smoke from the butts of tramp mix, it's called 'supertramp mix'.

well it's been over 24 hours now and im actually doing fine. havent really had too many cravings. i do think "oh i'll just get up and go outside and smoke a ci... oh wait, no i wont!" about once an hour but it's not really like... annoying.

Good luck to both of you dudes!

I know you can do it.

I still believe... m_1aac26c560474e97b7976f9497103d3f.jpg

btw

When I did a google image search for "i still believe tim cappello", guess what was the 10th image to show up...0.jpg

lmao that post of his sounded like my much younger former 12 year old self who said he wouldn't smoke or drink!

First, I'm 18. You could have just looked at my profile.

Second, I was not being 1000% serious in my post. It is just that I don't see the point in doing that shit. Just because I don't want to smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol makes me sound 12? What? Does that mean smoking and drinking is mature? :sorcerer:

Cigarettes are absolutely pointless. I see more sense in drinking. Who doesn't? I'm just not that interested in drinking. I mean I'll probably actually try drinking someday, but it's not really something that interests me very much.

Guest cuntainer

First, I'm 18. You could have just looked at my profile.

Second, I was not being 1000% serious in my post. It is just that I don't see the point in doing that shit. Just because I don't want to smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol makes me sound 12? What? Does that mean smoking and drinking is mature? :sorcerer:

Cigarettes are absolutely pointless. I see more sense in drinking. Who doesn't? I'm just not that interested in drinking. I mean I'll probably actually try drinking someday, but it's not really something that interests me very much.

the first thing wrong with what you're saying is that you're labelling "drugs" as "drugs" and thinking they're all the same thing, there are so many different types of drugs that all do very different things.

people take drugs for many different reasons, even the same type of substance can be taken for a number of reasons, you're saying that people only take drugs for 1 or a few specific reasons, and though some people would and do take drugs for these reasons, it doesn't mean you can look at every person who uses drugs the same way.

from your post it's pretty clear that you don't have a lot of understanding about these things, so you might wanna try to educate yourself or abstain from forming an opinion about something you don't understand.

and you gotta define "fucking with your body" cause there are so many ways you can fuck with your body with out taking any "drugs" and also taking drugs doesn't always equate to fucking your body, taking drugs can be beneficial in many ways to your body/mind/spirit.

if you ever eat junk food, you're fucking with your body. kfc, maccas, coca cola, they're large scale drug dealers.

the first thing wrong with what you're saying is that you're labelling "drugs" as "drugs" and thinking they're all the same thing, there are so many different types of drugs that all do very different things.

people take drugs for many different reasons, even the same type of substance can be taken for a number of reasons, you're saying that people only take drugs for 1 or a few specific reasons, and though some people would and do take drugs for these reasons, it doesn't mean you can look at every person who uses drugs the same way.

from your post it's pretty clear that you don't have a lot of understanding about these things, so you might wanna try to educate yourself or abstain from forming an opinion about something you don't understand.

and you gotta define "fucking with your body" cause there are so many ways you can fuck with your body with out taking any "drugs" and also taking drugs doesn't always equate to fucking your body, taking drugs can be beneficial in many ways to your body/mind/spirit.

if you ever eat junk food, you're fucking with your body. kfc, maccas, coca cola, they're large scale drug dealers.

I never once said the word drugs. :unsure: Did you even read my posts?!

I was talking about cigarettes and alcohol. Mainly cigarettes. They aren't beneficial to your body/mind/spirit.

My saying "Why fuck with your body?" was really only referring to cigarettes. Sure, junk food is fatty, but it isn't truly bad for you. It is unhealthy when taken in large quantities with minimal physical activity. But most junk food still gives sustenance. Smoking cigarettes gives no nourishment.

Guest cuntainer

I never once said the word drugs. :unsure: Did you even read my posts?!

I was talking about cigarettes and alcohol. Mainly cigarettes. They aren't beneficial to your body/mind/spirit.

My saying "Why fuck with your body?" was really only referring to cigarettes. Sure, junk food is fatty, but it isn't truly bad for you. It is unhealthy when taken in large quantities with minimal physical activity. But most junk food still gives sustenance. Smoking cigarettes gives no nourishment.

yes it's true you didn't say the word drugs, and yes i read your posts multiple times.

junk food is highly addictive and the health issues that are caused by junk food are many times worse then alcohol and cigarettes combined.

tobacco contains nicotine, nicotine is a stimulant, all stimulants have some benefits no matter how much those benefits are out weighed by negatives.

wine is an alcoholic drink, drinking wine in small quantities can be beneficial to your health, not to mention there are many people that would disagree with alcohol tasting bad.

also alcohol can be used as a disinfectant. it can also be used to make tinctures.

i have given a few examples of the benefits of which things you may have implied there are none. there are more benefits i have not mentioned.

Archived