IGNORED

Ulrich Schnauss & Kirsty Hawkshaw - Two Trees

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

An EP that he's produced with Kirsty Hawkshaw, which will be called Two Trees. Here's a radio show that features three tracks from that EP, and two tracks (after Here Today Gone Tomorrow) that are apparantly from Ulrich's next solo album. Everything's sounding gorgeous, and the two new tracks harken back to A Strangely Isolated Place..

Anyways, here's the link: Ulrich Shcnauss + Kirsty Hawkshaw radio show

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, :sad: , listening on the radio show and it's not really getting me off like I expected. Either I want to concentrate on Ulrich's production and Kirsty's in the way or the opposite. Does she sound "out of tune" in parts or is it just me? In fact, wasn't that "you'll fill up again" already on her solo "O<U>T" she did with Tom Middleton or am I hallucinating? It's almost like Ulrich just nabbed some random Hawkshaw noodlings and tried to "write around" them. Like "Dreaming Of Now"? Kirsty is known for her pitch-perfect singing and it just sounds like Dave Gahan high on heroin or some shit, just really "un-Hawkshaw"...just, "off".

Am I out in the desert here?..... :shrug:

Not too sure, to be honest, though Ill give you a proper answer once I've heard the release. However, I got the impression on the radio show that it was a live set, or something the recorded very close to it going out on air (I may be wrong though).

Hmm, I don't think I've really heard anything from Kirsty since the collab with Ian Pooley (which I love).

Oh yeah, there was that one thing with Tiesto which was awful.

xxx, I received this in the post today and having listened to it, I can confirm that the singing on the CD is much better than on the radio show, so my initial suspicions were correct.

Eh, :sad: , listening on the radio show and it's not really getting me off like I expected. Either I want to concentrate on Ulrich's production and Kirsty's in the way or the opposite. Does she sound "out of tune" in parts or is it just me? In fact, wasn't that "you'll fill up again" already on her solo "O<U>T" she did with Tom Middleton or am I hallucinating? It's almost like Ulrich just nabbed some random Hawkshaw noodlings and tried to "write around" them. Like "Dreaming Of Now"? Kirsty is known for her pitch-perfect singing and it just sounds like Dave Gahan high on heroin or some shit, just really "un-Hawkshaw"...just, "off".

Am I out in the desert here?..... :shrug:

Actually OUT was produced by Mark Pritchard (the other half of global communication/Jedi knights et al)

• 3 weeks later...

Althoughthe EP is limited to only 100 copies, it turns out that there is a further full length album that is just being finished off, according the Ulrich Schnauss' latest newsletter.

Archived