IGNORED

the X Files thread

vamos scorcho

just finished episode 2 of the first season.

i am hooked, immediately, and find myself enjoying this show more than i've ever enjoyed a tv show, including the wire and sopranos.

the music, the feeling, the script, the acting, the plot - just all around entertainment and IDM mood

synthesizers, weird 90s direction, cool characters, and brilliant conspiracy plotlines - amazing that something like this was popular at one point in time - and on Fox?

check it out.

so far it's been great, and i've only seen the first two!

on to the next.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished the series last week, watched it all on netflix. I loved it until about season 7.

I find I like the more "monster of the week" or one off type of episodes better than the mytharc episodes.

Sometimes they can be so cheesy. I love Cancer Man by the way.

I love the opening and theme, some of the music is amazing, especially in the earlier seasons. The music goes downhill in the later seasons though.

Be sure to watch the movie Fight The Future in between seasons 5 and 6. You don't have to watch it, but it's decent.

But yeah, Gillian is fucking beautiful and I really loved some of the episodes. Watching it made me nostalgic for the 90s.

Enjoy dude.

my favorite episode is Bad Blood from Season 5, also Field Trip from Season 6 is awesome. The show really peaked at Season 5 i think, but if you love the x-files do yourself a favor and stop at the finale of Season 7. There were only maybe 2-3 episodes int he entirety of Seasons 8 & 9 that are worth watching. Unfortunately the show jumped the shark so fucking bad at the end.

If you like X-files also check out Millenium, X-file's darker more mysterious cousin.

I find I like the more "monster of the week" or one off type of episodes better than the mytharc episodes.

Sometimes they can be so cheesy. I love Cancer Man by the way.

yes same, luckily most of the episodes were stand alone and maybe a maximum of 1/3rd was 'mytharc' . Why can't other fucking shows do this today? It seems like it's either all stand alone or all one continuing story, i rarely see television that can mix it up like the X-files these days.

What's your favorite(s)?

i wish i could find most of the Mark Snow music from the tv show, the only commercially available X-files soundtracks have almost nothing on them and they have al ot of stupid voiceovers. (any ideas?)

edit: also try to find another mainstream show that finds excuses on a regular basis to tie-in psychedelic drugs somehow to the main plot. they get eaten alive by a giant mushroom, scully gets an ergot infected tattoo, toad licking kids hallucinate loch ness monsters, cult leader feeds his followers Ibogaine, etc

without Twin Peaks, this could never have been popular at the time

i disagree, alien mythology stuff was hugely popular before the x-files aired. I'm not denying that X-files was heavily influenced by Twin PEaks but i still think it would have been popular regardless. To me x-files has a lot more in common with shows like Twilight Zone and the Outer Limits

without Twin Peaks, this could never have been popular at the time

i disagree, alien mythology stuff was hugely popular before the x-files aired. I'm not denying that X-files was heavily influenced by Twin PEaks but i still think it would have been popular regardless. To me x-files has a lot more in common with shows like Twilight Zone and the Outer Limits

well i disagree with your disagreement. but that's what makes opinions so great.

unfortunately for you, i am an authority on this kind of thing, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Guest Abuse

I just watched the season 1-5 earlier this year. Season 1 is actually pretty umm not very good on the script department, though it has classic moments. Season 3 was my favourite. Did u gais see the episode Clyce Bluckman's Final Repose or whatever? Yo, that shit is heavy. I got those seasons on dvd but now i only have season 6 downloaded on my computer but i don' like to watch it on teh monitor, i want it on dvd yo.

FOX MULDER IS MY HERO.

What's your favorite(s)?

i wish i could find most of the Mark Snow music from the tv show, the only commercially available X-files soundtracks have almost nothing on them and they have al ot of stupid voiceovers. (any ideas?)

My Favorite episodes:

The Post-Modern Prometheus

Folie a Deux

Bad Blood

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose

Jose Chung's From Outer Space

Deep Throat

Eve

Wetwired

Darkness Falls

Home

Field Trip

The Goldberg Variation

The Amazing Maleeni

X-Cops

Episodes that I like a lot, but are a bit cheesy:

Gender Bender

Blood

Brand X

Kill Switch

Leonard Betts

Detour

As for the music, I don't have a clue. I listened to that one with all the dialog samples over it, what the fuck were they thinking?

what's that episode with the demonic doll

i remember clearly a scene at a fast food joint where the doll made the counter chicks hair immerse itself in a huge mixer causing it to rip off the counter chick's hair.

HALP

Guest Abuse

sc2.gif

i think i fapped to this scene when i was about 12, or maybe not but got a boner at least. The other fappable scully scene was in the first episode, the scene where she's wearing a bra.

This thread makes me happy, I've totally been watching through them since I found out :emotawesomepm9: I'm on the 2nd season, It'd been years since I watched any episodes before I started re-watching so I wanna see them all again. I had forgotten how well done of a show it really was, more than just spooky little scares, the backstories and ongoing story-archs make it awesome.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

what's that episode with the demonic doll

i remember clearly a scene at a fast food joint where the doll made the counter chicks hair immerse itself in a huge mixer causing it to rip off the counter chick's hair.

HALP

Chinga. It's a shitty episode written by stephen king.

but since you asked

test2.gif

I wish I watched it when it was on TV, I was young and probably would have enjoyed the shit out of it. I knew of it, I knew the theme and the phrase The Truth Is Out There but I just didn't watch for some reason.

I am so glad I decided to watch it though a few months ago, when it ended I actually felt grief.

I just really grew to love the characters and I loved when they'd travel to some town and be all badass special agents and be like "FBI" and flash their badges to ho-dunk sheriffs and save the day by the end of the episode.

Oh and I love how Mulder sleeps on a couch and watches Plan 9 From Outer Space, actually in the episode "Little Green Men" I think, there is a tape or something that he is watching, and Carl Sagan and Frank Drake have a small appearance at some panel pertaining to the probability of Extraterrestrial Life in the Universe, when I saw it I smiled.

I Want To Believe.

lol :emotawesomepm9:

edit: also try to find another mainstream show that finds excuses on a regular basis to tie-in psychedelic drugs somehow to the main plot. they get eaten alive by a giant mushroom, scully gets an ergot infected tattoo, toad licking kids hallucinate loch ness monsters, cult leader feeds his followers Ibogaine, etc

House

Archived