IGNORED

Battles split up

beariksson

Guest Backson

something must have been amiss for Battles to make a song for Twilight.

also

Couldn't give a shit, the song they had was very annoying.

no offence, but why would anyone ever post a comment like that. that's like walking into an ice cream shop and politely telling the guy behind the counter why you think ice cream is overated. why would you enter a thread you clearly aren't interested in and state this? i'm not even mad, i just don't understand.

why is it so cool to hate on battles? i love them to death and will be missing tyondai's additions. personally, i really loved his solo album and i look forward to seeing what he comes up with next, but i'm sad to see him leaving battles. i hope they keep going in the direction they were heading... warp20 nyc made it clear they had something great on the horizon.

Guest Greg Reason

yea not so big a deal i think. i think mirrored would be better without the chipmunky stuff.

why is it so cool to hate on battles?

Because they're boring.

no offence, but why would anyone ever post a comment like that. that's like walking into an ice cream shop and politely telling the guy behind the counter why you think ice cream is overated. why would you enter a thread you clearly aren't interested in and state this? i'm not even mad, i just don't understand.

If everyone posts a comment crying then it looks like the whole of watmm love Battles.

I wanna see how many people agree with me.

By you're logic there is no point is posting at all unless you have some relevant information. What's the difference between telling the guy behind the counter ice cream is overrated and ice cream is awesome if neither of us buy anything?

Ian Williams should launch a solo career. He was brilliant in both Don Caballero and Battles. Main reason I'm interested in Tyondai's solo stuff is because he is Anthony Braxton's son.

I like Mirrored a lot, and Tyondai's vocals are interesting. However I think the band will still be able to go on and do well without him. I just hope they don't become Don Caballero 2 and manage to maintain their uniqueness. I havent looked much into Tyondai's solo stuff

Guest Backson

If everyone posts a comment crying then it looks like the whole of watmm love Battles.

I wanna see how many people agree with me.

By you're logic there is no point is posting at all unless you have some relevant information. What's the difference between telling the guy behind the counter ice cream is overrated and ice cream is awesome if neither of us buy anything?

you've lost me. my fault, not your's.

I would've thought just 2 or 3 people tops posting comments crying about the demise of Battles would be the same as any one person saying that they couldn't give a fuck.

Archived