IGNORED

Edward Bernays

marf

Yes, a very interesting documentary series. I'm surprised it was a BBC documentary though -- I wonder what time it went out on TV because it goes against a lot of what mainstream television media is about.

Amazing, really. This stuff is being used big time by the Fox news crowd. I wouldn't be surprised if glen beck has a Ed Bernays book locked in a velvet lined safe . God/Money..say it together. Conservative/Values..say it together enough times . They must be the same thing

Amazing, really. This stuff is being used big time by the Fox news crowd. I wouldn't be surprised if glen beck has a Ed Bernays book locked in a velvet lined safe . God/Money..say it together. Conservative/Values..say it together enough times . They must be the same thing

You're right, both correlate together very strongly..

Now that you've posted this topic, I'll go back to it to watch it again tonight. I'm a psychology student so anything like this is of great interest to me. Conventional psychology in universities does not really discuss people like Bernays, which is unfortunate. I haven't yet finished my degree but as far as I've researched, the most universities would go up to is Freud, when really he wasn't as 'important' as Bernays because Bernays was the one who actually implemented some theories of Freud in the world of PR. By the way this post seems as though I admire Bernays -- it's quite the opposite I can assure you of that. Manipulating the minds of the public for a profit is totally corrupt and anti-human.

BBC produces many excellent documentaries, I don't know why you'd be surprised at this (ps this is from 2002). And if you watch the doc, you'll see that the democratic party in the states and new labour in Britain used plenty of these theories in their return to power in the 90s. Glen Beck with a book? I think you're giving him too much credit....

Bread - many universities offer courses in contemporary psychology in areas of social, developmental, personality, and clinical psychology.

BBC produces many excellent documentaries, I don't know why you'd be surprised at this (ps this is from 2002). And if you watch the doc, you'll see that the democratic party in the states and new labour in Britain used plenty of these theories in their return to power in the 90s. Glen Beck with a book? I think you're giving him too much credit....

Bread - many universities offer courses in contemporary psychology in areas of social, developmental, personality, and clinical psychology.

I'm aware of that - I was meant to say psychological manipulation over history -- I did not know whether universities taught about the likes of Bernays and the fact that he had put a lot of Freud's theories into action for a monetary gain. Often the monetary system and psychology are two topics that, when mixed together, make for a controversial subject of discussion, revealing how worldwide "establishments" operate. It isn't a conspiracy as Bernays is the evidence of this. I just thought that showing this documentary on mainstream television would awaken people up a bit from their consumer slumber.

democrats are way shittier at this stuff than the republicans. Republicans are brilliant at PR. They know how to own a subject. Make it theirs to defend. Democrats only seem to react.

Not all of it. yet. I was partying too much in the 90's...All i remember is Clinton got a blow job and the republicans were obsessed with that and it became the entire theme of the Clinton administration.

Guest theSun

i can't think of a person with a more disappointing impact on the world than bernays. that said, at least we know about it (what he "discovered"), not like those people

Archived