IGNORED

Why don't cartoon characters age?

posture

It is called money. the staying power of a popular sitcom that can never end/change is fucking huge. look at the simpsons. Bart simpson would be like 30 years old by now. who the fuck wants to see that.

if only i were animated.

Guest disparaissant

See the comic strip 'For Better or For Worse' for an example of why this is a bad idea.

i don't now if it was characters aging that made it a bad idea or the fact that the lady that writes it has gone batshit insane over the years.

See the comic strip 'For Better or For Worse' for an example of why this is a bad idea.

i don't now if it was characters aging that made it a bad idea or the fact that the lady that writes it has gone batshit insane over the years.

I stayed at the apartment of a guy who one of the main character's friends was based off. True story.

The actual biological reason for this, is that in the week between episodes that you experience cartoons only experience one night. Because of this, cartoon characters take several seasons to experience a full year, and even then their aging processes are far more gradual than ours. Between seasons they are frozen in suspended animation and don't age at all.

smart ass :trashbear:

lol I love Spongebob so much. It doesn't really get the respect it deserves: as high art.

+1

+2

there has to be a collection of all the detailed spongebob drawings and closeups on this interweb somewhere. i can't get enough of those.

Archived