IGNORED

optical eye f'ing illusion

YEK

You know what pisses me off....

This triangle.

triangle1os.gif

I don't think its even an illusion.... it just... breaks... reality...... FUCK

OK now i'm seriously pissed... I just drew out a grid, cut out those triangles and theres still a gap.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU >:0

Guest Coalbucket PI

both of these have bothered me for ages. I know with the 12 /13 one that its in the second column from the left, in one its 2 people and another its 3. Im too drunk to solve this now but I feel like Im close

just read this and still dont understand http://www.defectiveyeti.com/archives/001258.html

tl;dr

"Basically, the puzzle works by cutting each person in two, taking a small slice of them (1/12 of their height) and passes it over to the right until after 12 people you end up with a whole extra person. Then the creator mixed up the order of the people so that you couldn't see what he did."

the trianlge one, if i remember correctly, you can't rearrange piece of triangles like that. the smaller trangle pieces have different slopes. if you tried you would end up with a figure that is not a triangle. (or something like that)

edit: indeed look in the first picture where the red triangle reaches height of 2 squares... it doesn't. so it's not the same triangle at all.

the trianlge one, if i remember correctly, you can't rearrange piece of triangles like that. the smaller trangle pieces have different slopes. if you tried you would end up with a figure that is not a triangle. (or something like that)

edit: indeed look in the first picture where the red triangle reaches height of 2 squares... it doesn't. so it's not the same triangle at all.

The red ones are the same. The height is 3 blocks. The slopes aren't different.

The original shape isn't a triangle though. The teal hypotenuse and the red hypotenuse are different. (8/3 and 5/2) or (16/6 and 15/6).

I still don't see how rearranging pieces of it would change anything though.

You know what pisses me off....

This triangle.

triangle1os.gif

I don't think its even an illusion.... it just... breaks... reality...... FUCK

The green triangle has a steeper slope than the red triangle. So in the top picture, the slope is slightly concave. In the second picture the slope is slightly convex.

In both the net area is exactly 32 boxes.

It's a really cool illusion because the slope of the next triangle really looks bent. But 2/5 is slightly steeper than 3/8.

Guest Scrambled Ears

i went to that website but i still always see 12...

the triangle one is cool but the solution is meh i remember solving that in 11th grade math and being very pissed that the answer was the slope...

The red ones are the same. The height is 3 blocks. The slopes aren't different.

my point is that in the second triangle the figure reaches a height of exactly 2 blocks and in the first one it doesn't, so it's not the same figure. just an easy way to spot the difference.

Archived