IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

ok, here's my situation, I could use kaini's advice, or someone else well-versed in the multiplayer side of things. Here's my situation, i log in and start where I last ended. My inventory is intact. I can destroy blocks and fill spaces with things from my inventory. But I can't access my chests, and any block I destroy does not generate a floating block to pick up. Invariably after two minutes I get a message: "Connection Lost: Timed out". Sometimes it crashes (see below). Any ideas?

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to support@mojang.com.

Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT a1dce528 --------

Generated 1/23/11 1:23 AM

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.2_02

Java: 1.6.0_16, Sun Microsystems Inc.

VM: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: GeForce 9800M GTS/PCI/SSE2 version 2.1.2, NVIDIA Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException

at h.a(SourceFile:1376)

at dn.a(SourceFile:800)

at dq.q_(SourceFile:43)

at cj.a(SourceFile:46)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.i(SourceFile:1241)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:642)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- END ERROR REPORT bb7c4804 ----------

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, here's my situation, I could use kaini's advice, or someone else well-versed in the multiplayer side of things. Here's my situation, i log in and start where I last ended. My inventory is intact. I can destroy blocks and fill spaces with things from my inventory. But I can't access my chests, and any block I destroy does not generate a floating block to pick up. Invariably after two minutes I get a message: "Connection Lost: Timed out". Sometimes it crashes (see below). Any ideas?

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to support@mojang.com.

Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT a1dce528 --------

Generated 1/23/11 1:23 AM

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.2_02

Java: 1.6.0_16, Sun Microsystems Inc.

VM: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: GeForce 9800M GTS/PCI/SSE2 version 2.1.2, NVIDIA Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException

at h.a(SourceFile:1376)

at dn.a(SourceFile:800)

at dq.q_(SourceFile:43)

at cj.a(SourceFile:46)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.i(SourceFile:1241)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:642)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- END ERROR REPORT bb7c4804 ----------

plain and simple, it's timing out. the lag between the serverside inventory and your client-side inventory is causing weirdness. is this still the same even using the VPN?

I had a crazy dream/nightmare (two even) about minecraft last night, it really wasn't minecrafty but you know how dreams are. It involved the release of minecraft 3, apparently minecraft 3 was played within minecraft and it was so good that people playing it would forget that they were playing a game and started to get used to live there, in my dream i was trying to get everyone to remember they were living in a game, it was difficult because while i could 'snap out' of it, it could only bring me back to minecraft -inception like- my plan involved cutting the power of the whole city so that their computers would run out of power and bring them back to reality. I don't remember much else.

pretty big portion of coolville from the highest point (which is on top of pennywise's giant monster killing machine)

(l-r my house, arena, giant afx symbol)

coolvillepanoram1.png

(incl skotosa(?)'s house, part of snafu's railroad, pennywise's house, other shit)

coolvillepanoram2.png

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

lol that was a good review. Downloaded this last night but I am scared to try it for fire that I will love it, buy it and waste a lot of time making golden cock n' balls

You know what would be cool? Some sort of thumb print gets left or like a tag is left on a chest for people who have used a chest in the past. Maybe even implement some sort of detective tools to be able to "view" the thumb prints.

So lets say you have glass and iron and make a Magnifying glass which once used on a chest tells you who's been in that chest. Perhaps even in order from most recent to oldest.

Good idea?

You know what would be cool? Some sort of thumb print gets left or like a tag is left on a chest for people who have used a chest in the past. Maybe even implement some sort of detective tools to be able to "view" the thumb prints.

So lets say you have glass and iron and make a Magnifying glass which once used on a chest tells you who's been in that chest. Perhaps even in order from most recent to oldest.

Good idea?

there's a server mod available which allows you to set an access code (like your PIN number for your ATM card) for chests.

three or more minute lag is surreal. Every block you chop reappears, you have to just chill by a chest patiently waiting for it to open, you can get killed by mob because you had no idea the sun set, fun times...

Started playing again today. Addictive as ever. :)

About those server issues: I have some unused VPS bandwidth and power lying around, so I should be able to put up a stable server. Don't know what kokoon is running the server on though, maybe the Minecraft server is just buggy.

seems to be geographical... me and pennywise (ireland/uk) have no problems, but snafu and lumpy (US/china) are somewhat laggy and very laggy respectively. the server is in slovenia, i think?

Archived