IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

so i haven't ever played minecraft, but i reckon it potentially takes intellectual and/or creative effort to build structures such as that bridge above, and of course significant amounts of time and finger movement.

Wouldn't it be more satisfying to grab an Arduino and build a robot instrument or something, or make art with real wool? You know, stuff that actually has an impact outside of a virtual sandbox?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so i haven't ever played minecraft, but i reckon it potentially takes intellectual and/or creative effort to build structures such as that bridge above, and of course significant amounts of time and finger movement.

Wouldn't it be more satisfying to grab an Arduino and build a robot instrument or something, or make art with real wool? You know, stuff that actually has an impact outside of a virtual sandbox?

Today we already have too many products of all sorts. It great to be able to create things that remain unmaterialised. Minecraft is healthy.

what makes it more appealing then, to build stuff in Minecraft rather than in say, Blender?

(i'm not trolling btw... i find it highly impressive how people build actual virtual computers in it, but then these computers are in the game and ...?)

Guest Babar

i find it highly impressive how people build actual virtual computers in it, but then these computers are in the game and ...?)

really ? Some dude implemented the ascii system (using a bukkit mod called redstonechips) : it filled a 5*5*10 block (roughly).

Building a computer would be insane. A flip-flop takes a lot of room.

Someone should make a mod for miniaturizing redstone installations. You'd build your stuff on a obsidian surface/volume, put a miniaturizing block next to it, feed it with sand+coal and it would produce a block that works like your redstone installation.

Also it's very annoying you can't put pressure plates directly on top of redstone.

i think the point is that its a fun game .

the way i see it , its like an MMO in a way , but instead of working towards getting to the highest level and getting a bunch of cool armor and the best weapons/abilities, youre working towards making really cool stuff.

and i mean , if youre gonna waste time on a big game like that you might as well be exercising your crative mind.

this is the only podcast i listen to and i love it =)

ts-023.jpg

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/deadworkerspartynetwork.com/uploads/theshaft/ts_ep023.mp3

[youtubehd]uBQ_RY4RcD4[/youtubehd]

Yogcast is a weird guilty pleasure. It makes no sense that I would enjoy 2 nerds messing about. Yet I'm so hooked on their Minecraft series. Thanks to whoever posted the "survival island" vids in here. Their closed community must be a wicked place.

-Slimes are everywhere in the server

-Server was down, but I think it was Minecraft.net's fault

-I couldn't really get into the painterly pack, but I really like the Gaudy flowers

-That Seed is amazing, Kaini

-My favorite pack is still Grids/Gridz, idk how to spell it. Super minimalistic.

this is my favourite of late

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aeKVYanzg4

Again, I don't own Minecraft, never played it -- but thoroughly loved this video! Will you post another one like this that you recommend, where they go through someone's world and comment on it?

<3

Archived