IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck. My desktop computer's monitor stopped displaying. It's just black. Idk what happened.

No, everything. Figured out the Monitor Port is shitting out. I don't want to have to backup all of my shit onto my netbook, and then transfer all of it to my new laptop (which I get in less than a week :D)

Oof, I have the worst of luck with monitor ports. They've broke 3 times on my netbook, and now this.

hey kokoon, is there any way to make your server so it doesn't time out so quickly? I don't mind the lag, so long as I don't time out...

There's no setting for that AFAIK

so i am going to take this time to announce officially that i have been hard at work with crafting a SUPER EXCLUSIVE 32x32 texture pack for mine craft. it is loosely based on the painterly pack, so if you can imagine a certain painterly pack with double the pixels there you go. the state its in right now is about 90% complete and im going thru a beta testing period at the moment with the guys on our server to make the final tweaks and make sure everything is the way is asposed to .

so get STOKED

release date will be WHEN ITS DONE .

Woo, I will make a simple 2-frame pac-man animation!

I think animation has been done/attempted, some guy made a horribly complicated way of doing it, but his pixels/torches are so apart I think it would look like shit. Never found a finished product.

My trick is to place close together, but animate no vertical or horizontal lines (horribly limited). Maybe I'll build an imax next time (twice as big, but pixels would look less worse).

I don't think I'll have time to do it today, or tomorrow, sadly.

Guest Drahken

so i am going to take this time to announce officially that i have been hard at work with crafting a SUPER EXCLUSIVE 32x32 texture pack for mine craft. it is loosely based on the painterly pack, so if you can imagine a certain painterly pack with double the pixels there you go. the state its in right now is about 90% complete and im going thru a beta testing period at the moment with the guys on our server to make the final tweaks and make sure everything is the way is asposed to .

so get STOKED

Awesome! I made my own hybrid of painterly with a Squaresoft gui and some block tweaks/swaps to the stuff I didn't care for, but I've been wanting a 32x32 one to work with similar to painterly for some time. If you want another person to test and critique pm me. I've also got a couple of variations of the GUI using Squaresofts SNES era frames in a PSD somewhere if you want them.

so get STOKED

y u cheatin

notch answered my question :emotawesomepm9:

[–]kaini 6 points 3 hours ago

what games do you regard as seminal - real gamechangers?

and not a question per se, but minecraft reminds me of the early days of computing when people like braben/bell were having hits out of their basement with elite. it's a huge inspiration. thank you for that, and thank you for a wonderful game.

[–]xNotch 1 point 7 minutes ago

Elite, for sure. Dungeon Master, Doom (Wolfenstein 3d was impressive, but it wasn't quite the same game changer), Dune 2, Grand Theft Auto 3, Meridian 59, Ultima Underworld, Super Mario Bros., and the rest of the usual suspects.

Guest Funktion

the seed "gargamel" is so good, you spawn in a cave and outside there are just huge epic mountains and a valley inbetween. just been messing around with it and found a huge open ended cavern with 7 or 8 skeletons still hopping around protected from the sun and my first spider jockey! i have no idea how im going to take them all down.

try 404 as a seed and have a dig at -25, 65, 15.

404gravel.jpg

that hole is fucking deep.

i was fucking about with texture packs myself (making an abstractish 8-colour pack) and accidentally deleted the transparency layer. pete's house is like a bit of german bauhaus architecure if you remove all the glass, lol

NmkQ8.png

Archived