IGNORED

The Black Dog With Black Sifichi

chassis

Woah, never heard of this and it sounds cool! Thanks for the heads up.

The first track reminds me a bit of something Psychic TV would have done in the early-mid 90s. Second track is much different and more like TBD I guess. Definitely gonna pick this up.

only black dog that i don't like so much

YOU'RE NOT LISTENING HARD ENOUGH!

The drums in "Invisible Things" make me jizz so much. Why cant I make something like that?

I know why

• 2 weeks later...

lol it's funny cos UP is my favourite non-warp tBd album since the original band split up. i think it's brilliant. but it's most other people's least liked tBd album! it does get very very dark and 'insane' (i guess for some) in places, though. but i like that about it.

i suppose maybe only a certain sort of person will appreciate it for the outstanding, genius work of Art it truely is....

maybe you have to be a bit fucked up to actually get it.

i remember listening to it with one of my mates and when it got to 'if i were king' he turned it off, lol.. said it was tooooo dark. i think it freaked him out a bit. i just laughed. :)

bloody awesome album.

ditch approximately 1/3 of the tracks off Silenced, half off RS and 3/4 of FV's, stick the 3 remaining chunks together and you'd have had another awesome tBd album (imo).

i have the remixes to this... i never heard the original.

the remixes weren't that amazing imo, like they never really are i find.

you should hear the original.

The drums in "Invisible Things" make me jizz so much. Why cant I make something like that?

probably because you haven't had years of experiance at doing it. but also cos you dont have the ears of Dog.

oooooOOOOOOOooooooo!!!

I like, I like. When can I have it?

About 8 years ago

LOL

it's a shame that more ppl aren't aware of it/ don't have time for it.

it's the last truely good Black Dog (without Plaid) album.

i think it shoulda been called a day for the Dog after that, and a new band/new name should've been come up with to work with Dust.

probably because you haven't had years of experiance at doing it. but also cos you dont have the ears of Dog.

Yea, that was implied.

I was gonna go more the way "cos ken is a god"

Guest Greg Reason

ditch approximately 1/3 of the tracks off Silenced, half off RS and 3/4 of FV's, stick the 3 remaining chunks together and you'd have had another awesome tBd album (imo).

Further Vexations kills it I reckon

Further Vexations kills it I reckon

nah. that's the one i like the least since the Downie/Handley/Turner days.

it's just "another variation on a theme", and the single most pointless tBd album ever, imo.

with fucking NES part 1 - 1,000,000 lol.. and 1 track about CCTV cameras does not make it an album about life in the UK.

and selling a bunch of old remixes of it again, like 18 months later and after you've released another new album since, is wack.

having said that tho i do think it has the best artwork since UP. :)

chassis check this out :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvHZyMXJJcI

recognise the sounds?

that's 1 thing that bugs me about UP is there's samples from Spanners all over it, and then this...

which is basically by the looks and sounds of it, Andys' track.

now that's not very fair using an ex band members sounds to make a 'new' track of your own for your own album without that person's permission, no?

real bad show there.

understandable and entertaining, but, .............................

chassis check this out :

[media][/media]

recognise the sounds?

that's 1 thing that bugs me about UP is there's samples from Spanners all over it, and then this...

which is basically by the looks and sounds of it, Andys' track.

now that's not very fair using an ex band members sounds to make a 'new' track of your own for your own album without that person's permission, no?

real bad show there.

understandable and entertaining, but, .............................

See I like that. That being hearing samples from Spanners. Its subtle enough that you're not like "ye thats just spanners again, boooring" but noticable enough so "ye! fuckin spanners".

I like that in other artists too, much you get sort of a coda/reprise in other albums of some musical theme. But maybe we just differ that way.

As for the track, its obviously Andy's track on there. I cant say what the situation was but if I had no permission then thats not cool. But :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived