IGNORED

The Black Dog - Sex, Magick & Rave

chassis

Strictly Limited – 93 Records Only, 9 Releases Only, Custom Sleeve, Hand Numbered & Rubber Stamped. No Represses, No Downloads, No CD Compilations.

Tracklisting:

A. Sex – 11:11

B1. Magick – 4:53

B2. Rave – 6:23

Pre-order now exclusively at http://www.duststore.com.

Im oh so very tempted to get one.

Thanks for posting that man. A friend and i just ordered ours. They kept saying different things on twitter about when they were going to put up the preorder. first it was supposed to be last weekend, then it was going to be this coming monday, then they turn again and throw it up now. Usually if i can't afford something this limited right away, i wouldn't say anything to anyone about much less post it on a forum, so you are a brave man chassis.

must say i was quite looking forward to this one simply because of its title. but have to say, really dissapointed by the samples tbh.

i'd hoped it'd be a lot lot better than it sounds. kinda wreaks of Lowest Common Denominator Dog, imo. and i'm not sure the fact that it's so limited is enough to sway me to bother purr chasing it. i'd wanna hear more of the tunes first to see where they go.

better get it while it's still there. you can always change your mind later, after you have it.

lol, errr yeah that makes perfect sense! buy now, pay later.

just checked duststore - £12 for 3 tracks !!? nooooo chance.

i'll wait til someone up's some MP3's. :)

I cant afford £17.

oh it's a wise buy tho fo'sure, chassis. cos in like 20 years or so if the planet/Human Race is still here it might be worth a few quid more.

kaa-ching. ;)

is the real airports one anygood? i haven't listened to it because when i read the title it sounds like it's making fun of the eno album which i love.

it's probably a stupid reason not to have listened to it. radio scarecrow and further vexations were good

radio scarecrow is a classic is it not?

is the real airports one anygood?

it's the only one i haven't actually listened to yet.. so i dunno, meself.

it only came out 2 years ago! lol. so i'd say it is not yet "classic" worthy. but it is my 3rd favourite tBd album from the naughties..

the first being 'Unsavoury Products' and the second being the lovely 'Silenced'.

but if i have the vinyl i don't have to listen to the music to pretend like i have it. :yeah:

that doesn't compute. lol

is the real airports one anygood?

it's the only one i haven't actually listened to yet.. so i dunno, meself.

it only came out 2 years ago! lol. so i'd say it is not yet "classic" worthy. but it is my 3rd favourite tBd album from the naughties..

the first being 'Unsavoury Products' and the second being the lovely 'Silenced'.

but if i have the vinyl i don't have to listen to the music to pretend like i have it. :yeah:

Real Airports is great. If you like ambient you'll love it.

lol, I think he means he likes to have physical copies of his music collection. which is fair enough.

lol, I think he means he likes to have physical copies of his music collection. which is fair enough.

oh i see. yeah.. that's understandable. shame the price isn't a bit more fair/reasonable!

all their albums have been quite overpriced, too. except Silenced.

but hey if you're into all that shctuff, coool. :)

I'm on a totally different plain on this i can see.

plane? or plain?

plane? or plain?

only you can choose.

plane? or plain?

only you can choose.

Far out man. lol

• 1 month later...
Guest Babaluma

I got mine yesterday! ;) Number 92 of 93.

A few comments:

I love everything about this release! Both the music and the packaging are great, from the 23 points on the front cover image, to the great sound quality on the heavy weight vinyl.

The A side (45 RPM i think) is "Sex", 11 minutes and 11 seconds of very minimal ambient bliss, there is a very 70's Krautrock vibe here.

The B side (33 RPM) serves up "Magick", a very minimal slowish tempo techno track that would probably work well in the middle of a set. Then comes "Rave", which is my personal favourite, the standoiut track for me. I haven't heard anything this insane for a long while, and I'm sure it would work up a storm (and some very confused stares) on the dance floor. It starts off all 808 kick and filtered low end, with occasional weird sweeping noises, and you can't really make out much of what is going on down there. After a minute the hats come in with some creaky sounds, and after a few more minutes things seem to dissolve into reverbed siren-esque bass squelches which seem to emanate from the dark side. The bass on this track is truly insane. Lots of sirens come in, bleepy noises etc. It reminds me a little of Dave Clarke's "Graphite - Pure" release on his Magnetic North record label.

Great job all round, well done The Black Dog!

Oh, and by the way, one enterprising dude already has one up for sale on Discogs for £65, bargain!

Archived