IGNORED

Sci FI graphic novels

Guest ruiagnelo

Guest ruiagnelo

i have always been interested in graphic novels that explore science fiction related themes and a couple of years back, i used to read some, both online and at this local bookstore that had a lots of them.

i want to get back to them, so please recommend me graphic novels that present a well crafted story, associated to an original visual style.

no superheroes, but rather themes related to military, time travel, space or post-apocalyptic fiction.

Gunslinger comic/graphic novel series is alright. Of the themes you listed it would fit post-apocalyptic fiction well. Also time traveling, sort of. The novels give you a lot more mind candy even though the last two are horrible.

It starts somewhere around the 4th book of the novel series. The main character talks about his past and the comics take it from there. Actually now that I think of it you may be quite lost without at least reading the first 3 novels and starting the 4th.

Gunslinger comic/graphic novel series is alright. Of the themes you listed it would fit post-apocalyptic fiction well. Also time traveling, sort of. The novels give you a lot more mind candy even though the last two are horrible.

It starts somewhere around the 4th book of the novel series. The main character talks about his past and the comics take it from there. Actually now that I think of it you may be quite lost without at least reading the first 3 novels and starting the 4th.

Yeah, the graphic novel series IS pretty damn good. I have a few of em kicking around the house here somewhere. Nice addendum to the Dark Tower series, although I WILL say that I enjoyed those last 2 novels a LOT.

Planetes is a manga, but it's hard science-fiction. About a bunch of people who clear out space debris from Earth's orbit. 'No sound in space' hard, btw.

Hard Boiled

Scud: The Disposable Assassin is kind of sci-fi....more like alternate reality, though.

Ghost in the Shell

Archived