IGNORED

M.I.A. - /\/\ /\ Y /\

chassis

Either Im a dope or the search function is shite. Because I searched "M.I.A." and "mia" in both Music Discussion and Recent releases and got no hits.

Anyway I just got this and I think its a wicked album. Some absolute killer tracks on. I never really had much time for her before, Paper Planes was well catchy but my brother played the rest of the album and it was a bit "meh". This one though, I really like.

Your thoughts?

Previously mentioned "killer tracks"

I really don't like her rapping. I listened to this album a bit - a friend had it on for a car ride. The production sounds so overcooked, and I honestly think it's to hide M.I.A's lack of talent. That said, she's a fox.

mia-04-big.jpg

Shes a bit of a babe alright.

Ive tried to stop letting images/scenes of music and artists get to me and sample everything. So even if pitchfork say its their album of the year Ill still listen to it :emotawesomepm9: But seriously, Im sick of not having common ground with anyone else, plus theres some quality music to be had in the "pop" genre.

This album is great, mostly because of the producing. It might be a lil over cooked but its going to hard not to get that now a days. Unless you made it yourself in your bedroom on analouge sythns :cisfor: The for mentioned "Believer" track reminds me of that black dog track.

Guest Greg Reason

I've been pretty damn obsessed with Arular since 2005 and was quite disappointed with Kala but this one is OK.

I think it has some pretty weak stuff on it (like Born Free, for instance) but some of it is quite good, quite sinister. I like it better than Kala even if it's not as good as her old stuff.

Come on she's ugly !

I don't really like her music, and she will appear on SebastiAn's album (for one track, he said on a french radio). So wait and see, maybe I'll change my mind.

Archived