IGNORED

Eskmo - Cloudlight (IDM, Dubstep, Glitch)

Guest kian

Actually found Eskmo through a Facebook ad a month or so ago, looking forward to having the cash to buythe album. May even just shoot for that set with the vinyl/cd/extra cd/ shirt/ whatever.

it just seems like perhaps too many eggs in one basket, the guy is an amazing sound designer, probably among the best working in electronic music today. his production is top notch and the video for this single looks extremely professionally produced. it just seems almost unnecessary to turn cloudlight into a song with vocals, that frankly detract from the song. I feel like Eskmo's instrumental music in and of itself is powerful enough to take him over the top, thats why i feel like maybe its a case of trying too hard, which is fine, the guy has rose to extreme popularity in under a year. Alot of electronic people are experimenting with their own vocals these days, and it's probably very difficult to strike the right balance.

it just seems like perhaps too many eggs in one basket, the guy is an amazing sound designer, probably among the best working in electronic music today. his production is top notch and the video for this single looks extremely professionally produced. it just seems almost unnecessary to turn cloudlight into a song with vocals, that frankly detract from the song. I feel like Eskmo's instrumental music in and of itself is powerful enough to take him over the top, thats why i feel like maybe its a case of trying too hard, which is fine, the guy has rose to extreme popularity in under a year. Alot of electronic people are experimenting with their own vocals these days, and it's probably very difficult to strike the right balance.

Yeah, it's very hard to find the right blend of synths/samples and vocals together in experimental electronic music. I feel that Mr Projectile did that well in one of this tracks My Projectile - you need: http://songfountain.com/discussion/194 . The vocals are not as intrusive.

Guest fiznuthian

damnit. i think i'd probably enjoy this tune quite a bit if

it weren't for how much dubstep blew up in popularity..

now i've heard so much shit bass wobble dubstep music that it all turns me off.

he's good though.

Archived