IGNORED

Grizzly Bear

Capsaicin

Guest Wall Bird

Would anyone like to take a crack at describing why they enjoy 'Two Weeks' so much?

I enjoy Grizzly Bear - favoring 'Yellow House' - but I cannot for the life of me understand what the elements of that song are that are so appealing to everyone? I love the drumming during the verse, but drumming alone is not enough to sustain a song. So let's hear it. I want someone to really dig in and describe what it is about that song that touches them.

Mind you, It's not that I dislike the song but I'm sincerely perplexed by the tremendous amount of attention that this song receives.

Personally, I just love the melancholic, Beach Boys-esque harmonies; it's heart-wrenchingly brilliant. The transitions between the different sections are just so syrupy-smooth, too.

Yeah, great band. Still getting into the rest of Veckatimest though.

Would anyone like to take a crack at describing why they enjoy 'Two Weeks' so much?

I enjoy Grizzly Bear - favoring 'Yellow House' - but I cannot for the life of me understand what the elements of that song are that are so appealing to everyone? I love the drumming during the verse, but drumming alone is not enough to sustain a song. So let's hear it. I want someone to really dig in and describe what it is about that song that touches them.

Mind you, It's not that I dislike the song but I'm sincerely perplexed by the tremendous amount of attention that this song receives.

cause mainstream people listen to it and know they're listening to indie so they feel cool and tell everyone it is a great song! also because of this:

[youtubehd]438tECBCEL8[/youtubehd]

it is a great minimalist song! the drums are not that ordinary... the architecture of the track is clever, simple, and effective. it has also a stone feeling added to it.

it's catchy as fucc.

Guest Greg Reason

Love them to bits. Fucking incredible group, absolutely blew my mind when I first heard them.

Veckatimest is great but Yellow House is where it's at imo. Far stranger, more isolated and more delicately crafted. Veckatimest is easier to get into and was obviously a good move as far as getting a larger audience on their side but Yellow House feels like more of a strange fruit.

I must admit I much prefer Ed Droste's singing to the Dep of Eagles' fella, can't recall his name atm

and re: utterly ridiculous comments on first page, I guess if The Beatles are overrated then perhaps these guys are too. Wankers.

what csl said, totally on board with the nostalgic 60s harmonies...it really feels like a Beach Boys song but slightly updated...the harmonies are gorgeous and I don't feel guilty for a single second for thinking this song is brilliant. If there were more pop songs like this coming out, I'd listen to the radio.

Personally, I just love the melancholic, Beach Boys-esque harmonies; it's heart-wrenchingly brilliant. The transitions between the different sections are just so syrupy-smooth, too.

Yeah, great band. Still getting into the rest of Veckatimest though.

this...havent really liked the albums as much, but it might be a time to digest thing.

and again, i dont feel guilty at all for saying this, but the reason I love "Two Weeks" is the same as me loving the first Shins album way back when.

regardless of their "indy" status, they had damn good potential, mixing the 60s pop nostalgia with more quirky indy rock, and it didnt sound over the top and overly self-absorbed.

and again, i dont feel guilty at all for saying this, but the reason I love "Two Weeks" is the same as me loving the first Shins album way back when.

regardless of their "indy" status, they had damn good potential, mixing the 60s pop nostalgia with more quirky indy rock, and it didnt sound over the top and overly self-absorbed.

I have to agree with you there, when the first Shins album came out it was amazing, similar experience. I also liked The Shins' next two albums but that one has a certain simplicity and innocent feel to it.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I am going to sound like a mainstream consumer douche bag or something but I can't find a song I love by them as much as Two Weeks. Love that song. I listened to it on repeat for an hour after I saw them play it on Conan. Which was an amazingly solid performance by the way.

i recommend the fleet foxes to everyone who digs the grizzly bear!

I fucking hate the Fleet Foxes

[youtubehd]DrQRS40OKNE[/youtubehd]

i don't know, there's something about this track that really grabbed my attention to them during some while

I enjoyed the Fleet Foxes album for quite a while when it came out. Can't see myself getting too excited if they were to release another anytime soon.

It's not something I listen back to much. But then again neither is Grizzly Bear.

Archived