IGNORED

if you have the power then kill them all

vamos scorcho

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow. consumerism at its finest.

also...I didn't see too many people in that mob who I would classify as svelte....

lol at the one woman in the beige kind of jacket - you think she's going back to help when she realizes what's going on, but no! She's going back to drag her friend through the door...

'Trample the weak,hurdle the dead...'

I didnt even finish watching it just reminded me of this story,

"On June 16, 1883, a large crowd of over one thousand children had gathered for a show at the Victory Hall concert hall in Sunderland, England. Towards the end of the show an announcement was made that the children with special numbered tickets would receive gifts upon exiting the hall. Some entertainers began distributing gifts from the stage and the children, in a panic to get to the entrance and receive a prize, stampeded from the gallery to the bottom of the staircase. There, they were pushed into a small single opening through which only one child could pass at a time. In addition, the door swung inwards, towards the rush of children trying to squeeze through the one small doorway.

Children at the door were crushed by the force of those pushing from behind trying to reach the door. As the adults realized what was happening, they tried to open the door to allow more children to get through, but the door had been bolted on the children’s side and they could not reach it. A custodian managed to divert about 600 children to safety while other adults pulled children one at a time through the door. One man eventually pulled the door off its hinges. But it was too late to save the lives of 183 children who died from compressive asphyxiation. Outrage at this event led to changes in building design including the installation of outward swinging doors equipped with panic bars."(from the list universe/tragic human panics and stampedes.)

Guest Wall Bird

Every year.

Obviously the people should know better than to act like a bunch of morons, but don't national stores like Target know to expect this kind of behavior. I can recall something like this happening for at least four years past. Just yesterday morning I rhetorically asked a coworker how many people she thought would get trampled this year.

I would expect stores with this large of a draw to send employees outside to address the crowds a few minutes beforehand and explain the need to be calm.

Guest David R James

wow. consumerism at its finest.

also...I didn't see too many people in that mob who I would classify as svelte....

:biggrin: they the fatties lol

I can't put into words how much i don't care about shopping that much

Guest Al Hounos

these people demonstrate the incredible usefulness of the american consumer - these are the people that have kept the US economy afloat in the past decade. not the m/billionaires, who sink cash into foreign-made luxury goods or stash it in piles of gold where it benefits no-one.

even as the wealthy have turned their backs on the lower classes, there will be a day of reckoning when these fantastically well-trained cash cows are no longer able to afford to participate in these animalistic displays of consumerism. then the wealthy will realize they should've taken a bit better care of all the low people who helped them get there.

Guest disparaissant

if only we channeled so much outrage and anger into things that mattered. france riots so they don't have to work until they die, england riots so they can afford schooling. we riot over computer deals and sports teams. america, fuck yeah.

Guest ruiagnelo

sorry, i haven't properly followed this thread, so please explain me:

are these people running to buy stuff? are they running because stuff is being given and they desperately want it? or is there any interpretation i can't really understand?

Guest dese manz hatin

are these people running to buy stuff? are they running because stuff is being given and they desperately want it? or is there any interpretation i can't really understand?

freud.jpg

they are running to buy stuff that is heavily discounted but still costing probably several multiples over what it cost the company to manufacture and ship from china.

I also agree with the machine gun comment. We need iQ filtering and separate cities for this human waste. (*waits for inevitable comments reminding dleetr where eugenics eventually led), *rephrases, we need decent education systems and better ingrained societal norms.

Guest disparaissant

This just strengthens my opinion of the average American.

fat, unintelligent yobs

wait, you're canadian, aren't you?

the only difference between canadians and americans is that canadians are called "canadians" and americans are called "americans." maybe slightly healthier thanks to better health care, but apparently that is offset by an undeserved superiority complex.

fat, unintelligent yobs

the only difference between canadians and americans is that canadians are called "canadians" and americans are called "americans." maybe slightly healthier thanks to better health care, but apparently that is offset by an undeserved superiority complex.

While I certainly don't agree with halisray's assessment of the average American, if you think that the only difference between Canadians and Americans is the health care system might I suggest you come take a long visit here...

Admittedly our current government is trying their damnedest to emulate yours in terms of turning us into a corporatist state, but I'm hoping that this will be Harper's last term.

Guest disparaissant

fat, unintelligent yobs

While I certainly don't agree with halisray's assessment of the average American, if you think that the only difference between Canadians and Americans is the health care system might I suggest you come take a long visit here...

Admittedly our current government is trying their damnedest to emulate yours in terms of turning us into a corporatist state, but I'm hoping that this will be Harper's last term.

hell, i'm not saying he's even all that far off, i'm just saying canada's shit stinks too, yo.

i was a bit hyperbolic, as canada doesn't have the bible belt, but it's not like the backwoods of canada is all that much better.

Never knew my unintelligent (and not serious) comment would provoke an all out Canada America comparison!

I've lived in Canada, I've lived in the UK and I've lived in the States. I am an Englishman by birth and lived there for a good part of my developing life, and I think, by far, that Canada is the best place to live between those countries mentioned. I would list my reasons but I need to pay attention to my professor ;)

Guest disparaissant

Never knew my unintelligent (and not serious) comment would provoke an all out Canada America comparison!

I've lived in Canada, I've lived in the UK and I've lived in the States. I am an Englishman by birth and lived there for a good part of my developing life, and I think, by far, that Canada is the best place to live between those countries mentioned. I would list my reasons but I need to pay attention to my professor ;)

i wasn't being entirely serious either :P i'd rather live in canada but honestly i've known just as many idiotic canadians as i have americans. the difference is gravy on fries.

Archived