IGNORED

Minimal Techno

halisray

Guest Gbiscuit

Classic.

More House elements here, but still pertains to Minimal heads.

I'm a whore for anything Detroit and Ghostly, with that said Matthew Dear kills it every time...

Guest Gbiscuit

Fufufufufufu, totally forgot about Monolake.

Alaska is a great track, unfortunately the quality in that link sucks dick. The remix album is interesting too, it's a very strange mixture of Monolake and 2-step. An honorable mention is Wolfgang Voigt too, Nah und Fern is gorgeous.

i'm all about Audion. in fact I'd say some of his tracks could be included in the greatest dance tracks ever... "Mouth to Mouth..." AHHHHHHHHHH MOUTH TO MOUTH.

doesn't get any better than that.

not really "minimal" per say though. just noisy as hell techno that forever climaxes because it has nowhere else to go.

in terms of minimal I really like Ricardo Villalobos, Basic Channel, Plastikman...

there seem to be a great deal of good records with the sound of minimal but I don't know many of them. Move D+Benjamin Brunn "Songs from the Beehive" is good.

Bruno Pronsato:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a3fFCluEGA

and of course Monolake.

there's plenty more than that.

This thread has some great names so far: Pole, Monolake and especially Voight - the Gas records are as good as it gets for minimal. I love Audion and Surgeon too but they're doing a different thing entirely.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Frank Bretschneider - I guess I could look up some videos but I think his music doesn't work well in short segments.. you need to hear his stuff for long durations for the spell to be cast properly ;)

Guest disparaissant

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Frank Bretschneider - I guess I could look up some videos but I think his music doesn't work well in short segments.. you need to hear his stuff for long durations for the spell to be cast properly ;)

This holds true in my experience.

Guest analogue wings

i have the same problem with Stewart Walker.

the conversation usually goes:

"you would like Stewart Walker"

"how do I know I would like Stewart Walker? link me a youtube"

"um, actually..." *burns copy of Stabiles*

Guest disparaissant

listened to hongkong by monolake while walking in the snow at like 2 am this morning, it was absolutely blissful. what an album.

Archived