IGNORED

john lennon

Guest dese manz hatin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think he was murdered by the usa gov. He was on file and stirin up trouble.

apparently Nixon and his cronies were shit scared of him because they thought he'd be able to sway an election! they wanted him out of the US.

Guest hahathhat

I think he would have turned into a crazy muttering junkie

i've been reading "many years from now", the paul mccartney [auto]biography. according to this, he was doing more than a tad too much heroin booze lsd grass whatever throughout sgt pepper and magical mystery tour, and likely a bit before. sobered up a bit in india before returning for more benders. hooked up with yoko and did a lot of smack. then they both quit smack. the way the book talks about it, i doubt he'd have gone back unless some real bad drama shit went down in his life (like maybe yoko was shot instead!). the book is of the opinion that part of the reason lennon sank into that was because of all the emotional drama with his wife, who he simultaneously loved and didn't give a fuck about.

he was always the coolest of the 'fab four' by far, imo. way cooler than Paul...

i think this is a bit of revisionist history. check the two during john's "fat elvis" house-husband period. paul was much more the man about town, into art, avant-garde music way before john, soaking it all up and regurgitating it out through the beatles. if john had lived who knows who he'd be or what he'd be into. he died before he could get old and start doing bad duets with anyone and everyone.

Guest hahathhat

he was always the coolest of the 'fab four' by far, imo. way cooler than Paul...

i think this is a bit of revisionist history. check the two during john's "fat elvis" house-husband period. paul was much more the man about town, into art, avant-garde music way before john, soaking it all up and regurgitating it out through the beatles. if john had lived who knows who he'd be or what he'd be into. he died before he could get old and start doing bad duets with anyone and everyone.

book concurs with this. it makes a point of saying that while lennon still matched paul on songwriting, paul was the one that came up with the concepts for sgt. pepper + magical mystery, and was the one actively working to organize it -- the cover art, whatever -- and if lennon hadn't been on heroin and stuff he might have come up with a better concept, or made magical mystery tour better. but this is mccartney's book..... so yeah.

hmmm, that may be so, but it depends whether you consider that being the man about town and soaking things up like a Paul, 'cool'. which i personally don't, but you obviously do. :) Paul was the pretty, nice boy. John was the broody, complicated genius, imo. and much more interesting person and artist. i much prefer his songs to Pauls', no matter what Paul was up to at anytime.

hmmm, that may be so, but it depends whether you consider that being the man about town and soaking things up like a Paul, 'cool'. which i personally don't, but you obviously do. :) Paul was the pretty, nice boy. John was the broody, complicated genius, imo. and much more interesting person and artist. i much prefer his songs to Pauls', no matter what Paul was up to at anytime.

i (generally) also prefer john's songs to paul's, but i can recognize paul's genius in many areas. john may have been the broody, complicated genius, but paul was the cheery, diplomatic, uncomplicated genius. as crazy as it sounds, paul is underrated in the beatles.

should this be in the music discussion sub-forum?

I have it on good authority that John's penis was larger than Paul's, but that Paul's had an optimistic upward curve.

lol. brilliantly summed up! lol

I think my favorite Beatles song is She said She said. I think that's a John song.

I didnt know John did heroin. Im a Beatle junkie and this is news to me.

I think my favorite Beatles song is She said She said. I think that's a John song.

yup

I didnt know John did heroin.

yup

Im a Beatle junkie and this is news to me.

John and George did pretty much everything. that's 1 of the reasons why they are/were the coolest..

Paul was the goody-goody, which is most probably why he's still alive, lol ;)

heroin makes for great music. lol, Im sorry but it does

I think the drums in She said She said might be the most amazing drumming Ive ever heard in any song from anyone. That loose nonchalant but funky drumming. Ringo tears it up in that track.

John and George did pretty much everything. that's 1 of the reasons why they are/were the coolest..

I bet he wouldn't still be married to Yoko :emotawesomepm9:

I don't know. They seemed to be a good match. She was a strong, outspoken woman of her time with challenging thoughts and ideas. A lot of people then, and now, resented her for what she represents. I think all the power to her. She is kind of a badass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfe2qhI5Ix4&feature=related

more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ege-wravVb4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMltwvuFyxw

If you keep hammering anti-abortion,

We'll tell you no more masturbation for men.

Ev'ry day you're killing living sperms in billions,

So how do you feel about that, brother?

What a waste, what a waste,

What a waste, what a waste,

To have to talk to a phony like you.

If you keep telling us we're more than equal,

We'll tell you equal is not equal enough.

For centuries we've been taking your double ass deal,

So what do you say to that, brother?

What a drag, what a drag,

What a drag, what a drag,

To have to cope with a crazy like you.

Brrrr

Ah

Ah

Ah

If you keep laying on money or power,

We'll tell you meanwhile your sprinkler is out of soda.

So keep off our grass till you're in some kinda order,

What do you say to that, brother?

What a mess, what a mess,

What a mess, what a mess,

to have to put up with a fuzzy like you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8k4lN3Kd28

Early in the morning I feel my pillow,

I listen to the soundless phone.

My thighs are sweaty, freezing inside,

Our beds empty as ever.

What a bastard you are,

Leaving me all night missing you.

Slowly the door opens, you stand for a while,

See if Im asleep or just closing my eyes.

I quickly get up and throw my pillows,

Throw an ashtray filled with butts.

Where were you all night if I may ask you so?

Though I dont care at all, I'd just like to know.

Right! You werent near the phone to call me from,

Or is it you were afraid to wake me up?

I'm sick and tired of listening to the same old crap.

You know half the world is occupied by you pigs,

I can always get another pig like you.

You've heard of female liberation, well, that's for me,

You'll see me walk out one day and then where will you be?

But dont you be too happy,

I aint walking out yet to give you satisfaction,

Im first gonna find something other than the walls

To have some human conversation.

Then I'll glow, I'll be happy inside, my limbs will relax.

And I can walk out into the world, singing with my people.

But now I couldnt even move my muscles to go near the door,

Ive been sitting here too long and my legs are numb.

Are you listening, you jerk, you pig, you bastard,

You scum of the earth, you good for nothing...

Are you listening?

Oh, don't go, don't go, please, don't go,

I didn't mean it, I'm just in pain.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

The door is closed, she's left alone,

Making herself a breakfast.

Her hands are shaking, her eyes looking out,

Watching the trees grow day by day.

What a bastard the world is,

Taking my man away from me,

Taking the world away from me.

Female lib is nice for joan of arc,

But its a long, long way for terry and jill.

Most of us were taught not to shout our will,

Few of us are encouraged to get a job for skill.

And all of us live under the mercy of male society,

Thinking that their want is our need.

what i meant was that they were more laid back, i guess.. and partook in allsorts.. went to all sorts of parties and did allsorts of things.

they were a bit more naughty and cheeky and daring than Paul, i think. Paul was the goody-goody who played it safe a lot of the time, from what i've seen, read, and what he's said himself about himself.

i didn't specifically say being a heroin addict or that heroin itself is a cool thing. 'cos i don't think it is. sorry for not being more clear.

what i meant was that they were more laid back, i guess.. and partook in allsorts.. went to all sorts of parties and did allsorts of things.

they were a bit more naughty and cheeky and daring than Paul, i think. Paul was the goody-goody who played it safe a lot of the time, from what i've seen, read, and what he's said himself about himself.

i didn't specifically say being a heroin addict or that heroin itself is a cool thing. 'cos i don't think it is. sorry for not being more clear.

ok, fair nuff

Archived