IGNORED

FACTs top 40 albums

chassis

Guest Beefuncle

List looks pretty good. Up until no.2 :facepalm:

But it did have many albums I havent heard so Ill be definitely giving them a go :music:

http://www.factmag.com/2010/11/30/40-best-albums-of-2010-40-31/

I was siftin' through this yesterday listening to the samples from what I heard a lot if it was pretty decent, these are the ones I went to the trouble of downloading and are great imo if anyone cares;

John Roberts: Glass Eights

Oneothrix Point Never: Rifts

Actress: Spazsh

It being Fact if your not into minmimal, house or dubstep than 90% is going to disappoint.

Guest ruiagnelo

i really don't pay attention to what has been playing around lately so i don't know a lot of the records from this list besides ikonika, lone, big boi, mount kimbie and urban tribe.

i am not interested in generic indie electronic or dubstep that is everywhere nowadays. i like to be surprised and i like innovation.

what would you recommend?

Guest Beefuncle

i really don't pay attention to what has been playing around lately so i don't know a lot of the records from this list besides ikonika, lone, big boi, mount kimbie and urban tribe.

i am not interested in generic indie electronic or dubstep that is everywhere nowadays. i like to be surprised and i like innovation.

Oneothrix Point Never: Rifts

with 2hrs 25mins of music theres gotta be something you'll enjoy?

It's hella ambient you'll to need set some time aside to properly appreciate/understand it, this one's a slow burner, like an electronic mogwai.

I've been listening to it for 2 days straight and I'm still trying to get my head around it, I do really enjoy it it just takes awhile.

Reading the list and sampling a few tracks. Cant expect new music to fall on your lap. Go and look.

Guest ruiagnelo

Reading the list and sampling a few tracks. Cant expect new music to fall on your lap. Go and look.

sure i can do that, but can i also have my watmm friends' opinions?

That Lone album sounds quite tasty.

Also I heard good things about Darkstar.

Guest ruiagnelo

yeah new Lone is pretty sweet.

been listening to it a lot in the last 2 or 3 days. at home, at work, in the car, shit

Guest Beefuncle

yeah new Lone is pretty sweet.

been listening to it a lot in the last 2 or 3 days. at home, at work, in the car, shit

Lone's great, The bird's don't fly this high is awesome!

The pantha du prince outing looks (sounds?) interesting.

Gil Scott Herren's release should be decent enough

Altered native's release...damn..that's good.

The Sandwell District release should be interesting too.

But jesus fuck their writers - I mean I guess I have no context, since i don't really read music writing much but this kind of dross passes for writing?

what the fuck is "wind-tunnel trance"? Or like their blurb on Toro Y Moi's record: "If he’d shaved off some of those more derivative numbers and dulled the production polish a little, we’d have been dealing with a top 10 sure shot."

Also: juke is utter shit. fuck I feel old.

Also: lol at them asking "Why is Lucious spelt that way in the title?" re: Big boi's record.

Guest disparaissant

welp i really dig this list, i liked enough of the releases on it that i grabbed a bunch of the other ones, that frank (just frank) album at #36 oh god. it's like an album tailor made for my sensibilities lately. new/cold wave synth sounds, mixed with early 80s single coil goth guitar goodness and lyrics that switch between french and english and just an overall dark sort of mopey sound ffffffffffffiwanttosexthemup

also that dylan ettinger album wasn't too bad, ikonika was good if a little derivative, zola jesus vs la vampires is really good but im kind of puzzled why stridulum ii didn't make the cut (its better than the la vampires split but i guess you could argue that it's technically an ep but then so is forest swords and that's #1...) i gave autre ne veut a casual listen and liked it quite a bit, will have to listen more later.

i dunno overall i get the impression i should read fact more.

Guest disparaissant

suppose i should throw in that i adore these albums from the list (and did before the list was published, hence getting a few of the others:)

forest swords

'ye (though not at #2! dear god)

actress

teengirl fantasy

salem (not top 40 material for me though, just enjoyable)

john roberts (thanks futuregirlfriend)

solar bears

toro y moi

ariel pink

shed

mount kimbie

baths

Guest Coalbucket PI

Plenty to look into when I get home, only even heard of about 10 of those. I generally quite like Fact, no problem with how they write and they give enough information to know whether something is likely to be to my taste

Thanks for the post, lots of stuff here I've never heard of so looking forward to listening through the sample tracks. I've gone through like 12 'Best of 2010' lists; it's so much fun!

Also, 'Oneohtrix Point Never' is, impossibly, an even worse band name than '3OH!3'.

LOVE KING

KILLUH KILLUH

TELL DEM NIGGAS BAH BYE

GOT GIRLS IN MAH CLUb, GOT GIRLS WITH WEAVE, HMMM I GOT IT

GIRLS IN NEW YORK, GIRLS IN LA, GIRLS IN TORONTO

AND YOU BE ON MY DICK

Guest disparaissant

Im glad to see Solar Bears up there. I think that album is under appreciate.

fully agreed, that album is great. out of nowhere, too.

they're from around your parts, aren't they?

Archived