IGNORED

chillwave

MildewOnRice

it sounds too much like other 'chillwave' in the non existent genre of chillwave, i think you have the necessary chops to make something that perhaps is influenced by 80s and retro music but doesn't use all the paint by numbers techniques of 'chillwave' (for example side chain compression hitting that hard is not necessary to make this song sound good)

edit: and don't take my criticisms too harshly, its actually a very well done song i just think its unnecessarily trying too hard to fit into that genre.

spend less time on blogs dude

kill yourself.

(for example side chain compression hitting that hard is not necessary)

i just think its unnecessarily trying too hard to fit into that genre.

pretty much.. yeah.

sigh... when will i learn?

someone described my music as "chillwave" recently, i've no idea what it is (nor do i really care, and i generally don't like it when new genre names comes along, took me forever to accept "electro house" as a genre), but this was a nice little track, though that "uuuuuuu" vocal sample in the background gets kind of annoying after a while.

i like it!

the vocal sample kinda ruins it, i like weird voices, pitched down or up, but this one doesn't work for me, the melodies are great though!

chill wave is a "mix between boc melodies and ed bangers beats", right???

• 4 months later...

Archived