IGNORED

new mitch murderrr

data

another old track with new vocals

i dunno about you but i really like this guys voice, parts of it reminds me of prince. :D

"murder & snow" ep in the works.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I liked it but I think the vocals and the structuring seemed demo-ish. As an instrumental the structuring is fine and maybe if the vocals were done a little more thoughtfully it would work but as is I think it sounds kind of refined.

The vocalist isn't bad at all but I think he could do a lot better. The way some of the lines are delivered and some of the ideas sound quite mediocre in my opinion. Like the way he sings the word "downtown" for instance.

I think if you do want to make the most of having vocals it should be more hook friendly and not necessarily pop structured but more of a post pop kind of mindset. Using a lot of great pop tricks and catchy movements without needing to follow typical 3 minute pop structures and what not.

I meant to type unrefined at the top but again I am just giving my opinion as honestly as I can. For some people this might be perfect.

thanks for the input man, these are just concepts though, trying out different things, im gonna be making some original tracks for this guy to sing on (these past two weren't meant to

have singing on them originally).

on one hand i kinda like how the extreme reverb makes parts of the lyrics a bit hazy, on the other, i dunno if that really fits this style of music. :shrug:

hah!

i use renoise, a midikeyboard, sometimes a talkbox (though very rarely) and a small and secret selection of vst's. :sup:

some

rs5rx4.jpg

Guest cult fiction

I actually like the vocalist quite a bit... he has just a touch of Mark Hollis in his voice... nice stuff!

you did, and you asked if it was done, to which i replied "fuck no shit aint done", then i threw some vocals on it, and now it is done. :sup:

Guest geographyhorse

I listened to both of your tracks you posted on this page. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 80's vibe you got going. You have a new fan!!! :emotawesomepm9:

Guest geographyhorse

another old track with new vocals

i dunno about you but i really like this guys voice, parts of it reminds me of prince. :D

"murder & snow" ep in the works.

This is my favorite of yours so far. :sorcerer:

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I think his vocals fit your music pretty good at this point I really just want to them to be more pop produced and catchy as cliche as that might sound. A lot of my vocals sound kinda soft and reverby like that & I used to think it sounded greatway that. Listening to his vocal production I can definitely see where people were coming from when they said they wanted more studio sounding vocals from me that you could hear the sibilance, pronunciation in better. It's kind of a fine art getting great vocal sounds without pro mics, pre amps, booths, compressors etc. but it definitely can be done and you can retain all the professional sound while still giving the vocals a lot of atmosphere you just have to be careful with the reverb settings and put them after all the compression etc.

Archived